Getting into Heaven

Redwinevino

That was a thing last year? I didn't even notice, I know it was the year before getting into heaven but last year Heaven was just a big outdoor stage?

Yeah wasnt it just opposite hell stage last year, a big open area filled with mud?

That was a thing last year? I didn't even notice, I know it was the year before getting into heaven but last year Heaven was just a big outdoor stage?

I'm pretty sure this is where the acts that have been announced for Heaven will play. Was the case last year anyway.

Edited by OBface

I was asked one year "What's the worst sin you've ever committed?"

The Bitch! Like I really want to think about that? At that state/time of day?

I think, after a while cringing and contemplating, I came up with something along the lines of "Nothing that should stop me getting into this place that I've queued at least half an hour for, ffs, who are you? St. Peter?".

I got in. I was asked that question and justified my entrance. Which surely means I'm a good person right?

Thanks for reminding me of that moment which I'd temporarily forgotten. xD

Edited by MrZigster

2013 - had to confess my sins at the judgement desk to the angels, can't remember what I said but got in, shoes off and two carpeted rooms with acts

2014 - ahain shoes off (a right pain when muddied) group confessional to get in, the angel didn't like one of the groups answer we were in (to be fair we were a bit shocked too - think the guy had killed a cat or something cute and furry). We were then made to crawl on hands and knees to get in, I refused, Angel said I wasn't getting in repeatedly, I explained my medical condition and he sheepishly apologised and let me walk through the doors of heaven, one carpeted tented room, big cushions and toilets outside (shoes back on again). There was a lovely band playing the most serene music when we first went in, then dance DJ kicked in. It was nice to chill, sit, dance, with shoes off for a while....probably won't do it this year though...

Remember a small queue on the Thurs in 2013. Had to remove my wellies and put them in a white plastic bag and then sing a song to get in.

Think I was a bit early, so not too much going on but seemed like a cool, heavenly/other-worldly kind of experience.

Got in Sunday night during headliners, no queue, had to confess a sin then take wellies off and put them in a bin liner. An angel painted our faces then we were in a really nice carpeted bar with good music and nice toilets. Glad didn't have to queue

Never been into Heaven which I'm hoping to change this year. I think I read somewhere that the 'confess your sins' thing is rubbish and that they'll let you in regardless

Definitely gonne explore that area more in the early hours

Never been into Heaven which I'm hoping to change this year. I think I read somewhere that the 'confess your sins' thing is rubbish and that they'll let you in regardless

Definitely gonne explore that area more in the early hours

Is essentially queue management whilst getting / waiting for people to take off shoes....never seen anyone refused entry..

Is essentially queue management whilst getting / waiting for people to take off shoes....never seen anyone refused entry..

Yeah I think that was the point of the article, think it was in the magazine you get on the way home. Basically they'll leave you outside for a bit to keep within their crowd control standards or whatever. At least we won't be refused :)

What about the Hell area? I was hoping to get in there for the Radio 1 D'n'B essential mix (along with a few thousand others no doubt)... I've only been going five years and never made it in.

What about the Hell area? I was hoping to get in there for the Radio 1 D'n'B essential mix (along with a few thousand others no doubt)... I've only been going five years and never made it in.

Hell is just an open area, I'm sure there were doors to enter Heaven last time. I've never bothered queueing myself but I might have to try to get in for Craig Charles.

Big open area with plenty of room. The hardest bit of getting down there is getting in the SE corner in plenty of time, as you have to walk almost all the way round to get to it. Well worth it though.

See you there for Spor, Friction and Andy C! :music::biggrin:

Big open area with plenty of room. The hardest bit of getting down there is getting in the SE corner in plenty of time, as you have to walk almost all the way round to get to it. Well worth it though.

See you there for Spor, Friction and Andy C! :music::biggrin:

Yes you will... If it's anything like as awesome as Andy C's set at Arcadia last year I will be a very happy man!