DJ's after dark?

Minstrol

After noticing Four Tet on at 3am in Block9 I thought I'd start a thread for recommendations on which DJ's to check out in the South East corner after all the main acts have finished. Never really stayed to watch many in previous years, any recommendations??

Theres loads going on elsewhere but I'm a little disappointed by the lack of late night techno in wow/sonic this year. Friday and saturday night last year was stellar. Seems theyve gone a totally different route this year.

Having said that, sunday night Edible at LBHQ will be awesome. Groove armada, Richy Ahmed, Eats everything to finish the weekend off.

Edited by MikeJ86

Simian Mobile Disco vs Bicep. Beat Hotel on Sat night / Sunday morning looks like a blinder

Never seem Simian before but I'm going to some student festival thing on Thursday in Man uni's Union, the main room is Sister Sledge -> Erol Alkan -> Simian Mobile Disco (dj set) from midnight till 6am. Should be fun

Sleep doesn't look like an option.

My picks are:

Friday - Marco Plex (Arcadia), Pan Pot (Arcadia) and Phuture (Genosys)

or

Bugged out presents Ben Ufo b2b Joy Orbison, Hot Chip djs (Stonebridge)

Saturday - DJ EZ (wow)

then depending what im feeling like either:

Prosumer, Four tet (Genosys)

Toddla T takeover ft Special Request (Stonebridge)

Youngsta, Loefah (London Underground)

Sunday - The Bug (wow), Mumdance and Novelist (wow), Swamp 81 takeover (Bez's Acid House)

Still convinced that anyone who claims to be able to tell the difference between one DJ and another is totally making it up.

This has got to be the most ridiculous statement of the year. So you think a DJ playing Northern Soul records sounds the same as one playing trance. WTF. Its like saying all guitar bands sound the same.

I have heard good things about the primal scream dj set, so it's on my must do this year list.

However the group I'm going with don't really want to see late night dj sets!! The only person they would contemplate is craig charles. So it looks like I will be going solo this year

However the group I'm going with don't really want to see late night dj sets!! The only person they would contemplate is craig charles. So it looks like I will be going solo this year

yeah i think i'm gonna have a hard time convincing the people i'm going with to be dragged about to all of these DJs. don't think it's gonna be their thing at all, although maybe with a few illicit substances in them i could change their minds

also, great recommendations in this thread. lots of stuff i hadn't even noticed now added to my clash finder

Edited by FloorFiller