Am I too old?!

clare2808

Hi, this is my first T in the park and am worried I'll be too old?! I've been to Glastonbury twice and other smaller festivals and had a great time! I'm 42 and am going with my 15 year old daughter, it's her first festival. Someone please reassure me that I'm not going to look like a complete saddo!?

Edited by clare2808

Hi, this is my first T in the park and am worried I'll be too old?! I've been to Glastonbury twice and other smaller festivals and had a great time! I'm 42 and am going with my 15 year old daughter, it's her first festival. Someone please reassure me that I'm not going to look like a complete saddo!?

Will be 46 couple of days after T. This will be my 18th TITP. I also usually have some friends a bit older than me attending at times. There is a group of us, approx 10, in our 40's who attend most years.

I was at first TITP which means I'm an oldie. Never felt out of place at T. Not going back now because of the move and the line ups have been getting worse since 2011. We also camped outside festival at Balado which was normally the better fun latterly. But in answer to your question, you're not to old for T

Am an oldie (43) and wouldn't go now as a punter as most if not all of my festival mates have grown out of T.

Will be there this year working though in a couple weeks time, am interested to see what it's like on the new site, I also went to the first ones at Strathclyde Park.

I'm a few years older than him^^^^^^ even though I don't look it :) I'd go back if they had a decent line up again. This year isn't too bad actually but I'd already bought a July festival ticket by the time the line up was announced. I wasn't gambling on missing out on decent festivals to be served up with Calvin Guetta on repeat.

Thanks all for your positive posts and in response to Lor1 ... really?! I'm not going to be interfering with your experience so not sure why the abuse ... you trolls are very weird folk aren't you?!

Just to clear this up. Lor1 was joking with the post. They put a sad smiley at the end instead of a wink smiley by mistake.

Everyone is supporting you.

Edited by The Man with a Plan

Thanks all for your positive posts and in response to Lor1 ... really?! I'm not going to be interfering with your experience so not sure why the abuse ... you trolls are very weird folk aren't you?!

Yeh you will be interfering when ah can get by you and your zimmer,it's bad enough muck up to ma knees without having to dodge pensioners...

Decided what to do with Prodigy and Noel yet? haha

Well to be honest Noel was only one member of the band so it's not like OASIS are playing. Although I take it thats like saying Foo's are not playing because it's only Grohl.

Edited by The Man with a Plan

Ive been to a fair few TiTP's (see signature below) still love it though, although I do fear the line up is getting more aimed at a younger audience year on year (some might suggest its more the opposite that's happening to me though - which I full support that theory also :))

The way I have always seen things for any festival is that its down to what you make of it - go, make a wee bit of an arse of yourself dancing to music that pretty much everyone around you is half your age, maybe drink a wee bit too much....but most importantly - HAVE FUN :)