Line up release methods - Old vs New

st dan

Assuming that they're going to follow the trend in future years, and stagger the release of the line up stage by stage - which do you prefer?

For me, both have their pros and cons, but a lot of the big buzz of excitement wasn't there today for me, as we already knew a big chunk of the lineup.

Saying that, the staggered release seems to have filled a gap for us impatient lot! And enabled each stage to have their time in the limelight.

I can't actually decide which I prefer!

Firstly, I'm not convinced they will follow this method in future years, I imagine there were various unique factors which led them to do it this way this year.

That said, other than that I agree with you. There are certainly pros and cons to each, the gap-filling is good but I do also miss the big rush of excitement on the full line-up release!

I enjoyed the way the line ups were released this year and liked the individual posters. Made for a nice change. It is good to have the whole line up announced now though. Burt Bacarach... Fantastic!

Saying that, the staggered release seems to have filled a gap for us impatient lot!

disagree on this bit.

while it was nice to know about some acts before today, it was ultimately useless for me personally, as no day/times for most of the announcements....

i'd much prefer them doing the 2nd "full" poster in early May, and then the full stages breakdown late in May, with the times shortly after.

I really like the individual posters and releasing areas individually. It gives the feel of many different festivals inside a festival and also the chance to get excited about acts you might otherwise ignore if it was just released in one big go.

Next year do it every Monday I say at say 10am, reason to get into work!

I liked it actually, we got a big bulk of acts then some of the smaller areas getting the limelight worked well! I'd take the same again next year, plus people will be less pent up about it, as they will be expecting it.

Even if it means getting excited for act only to see them clash with someone you love more >_>