Arcadia Line-Up

Mr November

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't like that it was so busy and you couldn't hear anything unless you were pretty much underneath it in 2013.

Was that better last year?

Thats because the speakers are aimed inwards. You need to be inside the speaker area to get the full effect.

Every time I've been there I've been fine. The problem seems to be standing outside gawking at it. Once you walk inside the speakers, the sound improves and there's less people.

Su day looks good for me - imagine I will be at Altern-8 and Groove Armada post Chems.

Sunday looks amazing defo interesting in seeing Altern-8 :)

Wow, much better than previous years for me. Will definitely try and make a few of those sets - it's the busyness that puts me off, Disclosure's DJ set was a joke last year, left after 2 minutes.

That was hard work. Once you made it into the inner circle it was great though.

That was hard work. Once you made it into the inner circle it was great though.

Really? We were in front of one of the speakers at the back of the filed and had acres of space to dance around in. Had the time of our lives! I love it up there in it's new home. 2013 was dreadful.

Gonna have to do some research, I know nothing about any of the names on there.

Enjoying this at the moment though:

Are Groove Armada also playing Shangri-La on Sunday night too or only in Arcadia?

I'm sure they were booked in Shangri-La too, maybe a different night? Would be good if they are doing 2 sets though, should break up the crowd a little bit, plus sunday night is often a little bit quieter.

Really? We were in front of one of the speakers at the back of the filed and had acres of space to dance around in. Had the time of our lives! I love it up there in it's new home. 2013 was dreadful.

Gonna have to do some research, I know nothing about any of the names on there.

Enjoying this at the moment though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vHRUsP20dQ

oh yeah, we had to really fight our way in, took a little while.

I don't need to gawp at the structure/flames for too long. Quite happy to be underneath if the sound system is great...

Perfect way to do it :)

If it's busy outside the legs, it's generally a little less busy directly underneath... and there's an additional set of bass bins facing in from the foot of each leg, so the sound "inside" hoofs.

Yeah was really good, saw two stages so the drag up to Abetone on stage 5 and then stage 9, got a decent haul of bidons - think I'm going to head to the Alps next year to watch the Tour!

Ah, Giro detritus! Nice!

The tour caravan with all manner of shit thrown to the crowd is something to behold!

Ben

Honestly, I'd say just turn up when you're ready, but don't be put off if you hit a crowd, people just stop when they get near and make it seem busy when there's plenty of space if you move around

Ive been 3 times and never got near. The sound was awful due to being on the outside. Never had a line up to be bothered about though.

In the dj thread I asked for a drumcode takeover. Adam Beyer and friends.... This is virtually it. I am made up with that friday. If SFA are headlining the park, I want to see them, then a sprint to arcadia... Or leave SFA early?

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Probably my favourite late night area as if your not too familiar with the djs the visual aspect is just stunning. Other people on here say that it looses it's appeal after you've seen it one year, I disagree , the fact that I know how mind blowing it is keeps pulling me back to it.

Loved the fact last year that during arcade fire you could see the spider shooting out flames in the distance, I like to watch pyramid headliners from near the back of the field as I love taking the whole festival in. When the goodies have kicked in I do like myself some lights !