Ee power bar

Charles Carmichael

Hi - does anyone know any ACTUAL info about the email today from Glastonbury?

Apparently EE are providing on site charging/networks (yes I know, nothing we don't already know)

However - they claim that if you're an EE customer you can get a free power bar (portable charger) for the event, free of charge.

Now, I have an old EE contract SIM card kicking around, so I've tried to claim this free charger through their normal "text power to 365" but everywhere is out of stock until the day after Glastonbury starts...

Does this email mean they are giving away reserved stock to Glastonbury ticket holders?

If not, is it worth buying a charger through the touts on eBay? (£12ish) - is it really a simple case of swapping a used one for a charged one? This makes it sound like the queue is minimal? Is this over optimistic on my behalf?

Thanks all :)

There was a link in the email

https://accessories.ee.co.uk/glastonburypowerbar/

I filled out form online which seems to be specifically for Glasto and it says I will get an email in a couple of days to arrange collection. I was able to select which store I wanted to collect from

Edit: even if you bought a power bar from eBay it says you need a Glasto ee wrist band which can also only be requested via that site

Edited by Jamieyorkshire

If you are an EE customer it's worth getting the power bar as its free, and fully charged can give you just about a full charge on a smart phone

Got one a few months ago through the EE shop and have registered for the Glastonbury wristband. If its like last year probably a 20 minute wait to exchange the power bar for a fully charged on onsite, so not a bad way to keep your phone topped up

If your not an EE customer I probably wouldn't bother paying £25 for a power bar. Just get a high capacity one online for about the same price and you'll get 5-6 charges from a good one

I bought a power bar last year. Does this mean that I can't use this one at Glastonbury this year

Yes - 2014 power bars can't be exchanged - you will need to register for a free new one if you are an EE customer or pay £25.00 for one. Follow the link in the email to register

I haven't had a code yet (applied beginning of this week), and popped into my local shop whilst I was passing. Was told that they are not giving out codes until the 24th June! I really hope the guy I spoke to had his facts wrong as I will already be at the festival by then!

I haven't had a code yet (applied beginning of this week), and popped into my local shop whilst I was passing. Was told that they are not giving out codes until the 24th June! I really hope the guy I spoke to had his facts wrong as I will already be at the festival by then!

Typical EE! I might drop into my local shop tomorrow. Maybe if we all nag them we'll get our codes before we're seeing Foo Fighters on Friday night!

I got my power bar the other month, but applied for the wristband last week. Hadn't had an email to confirm so I applied for the wristband again, but still nothing so I tweeted EE to see what was going on, they replied with below:

"Good afternoon Paul. We will be getting back in touch with customers on 15th June with further information and we will also be posting wristbands out after this date so you can swap your Power Bar. GP"

Thanks for registering. We’ll email you on 15th June to give you details on where and when you can

pick up your Power Bar. We are sending you a wristband in the post. You need to take this to the

Festival and show it when you’re swapping your Power Bar – it lets you swap Power Bars once a

day, every day of the Festival. Also, if you’ve got an iPhone then remember to bring your cable.

Also, we’ve got two charging sites at the Festival this year.

Don’t forget to download the official Glastonbury app, which has everything you’ll need to plan

your weekend. With your fully charged phone you can get full stage line-ups, news, advice and

an interactive map so you can get lost in the music but still find your tent.

EE Power Glastonbury is brought to you in partnership with accessories.ee.co.uk which is

operated under license by Kondor Limited.

I bought this off ebay last year...

wNJzgzM.jpg

It's an Everyday Basics 20,000mAH External Portable Power Bank Dual Battery Charger. It's 20,000 mAH and my phone battery is 1200 mAH - ergo, a potential 16 full charges from it. It cost me £13.99 and it's still in regular use over a year later. No daily trips to replace it...I can't see why anyone would want to pay for the EE option which costs more and only gives your phone one full charge! (It has 2 USB sockets so you can charge more than one device at a time).