Blink 182

Green Day

Paramore

A Day To Remember

Queens Of The Stone Age

Biffy Clyro

Alter Bridge

You Me At Six

Pretty much what I'd put. Don't think YM@6 or Paramore will ever headline though. Also I'd be inclined to say possibly Enter Shikari but I doubt it

Edited by justanothername

I echo the headliners in here, would be shocked if Andy doesn't go for Bon Jovi before they're too past it, think a day of Bon Jovi, Black Stone Cherry, Journey as a top 3 would go down quite well. Maybe someone else in there and Journey pushed to 4th down.

Deftones are really a band on the up after so being around so long and I really think they can make the step up. Think they need to breakthrough into mainstream just a bit more though. And sell an arena tour well.

Deftones Wembley arena gig sold out instantly. They seem to be a nearly band but I'd be happy to see them headline ahead of most of those others on the list.

In other news, in 2 weeks time I'll be in Donington village and will have been pissed twice. :)

I thought they were immense but then again I also thought that Bonamassa and Sambora were great too. Maybe I was just in a good mood or something. I was near the front of main and it wasn't rammed but I never got the feeling it was an empty dead crowd.

I was really looking forward to Bonamassa and Sambora.

That I was able to get as near to the front than I've ever been was perhaps an indictment of the crowd size for them. Sadly I was disappointed by both, maybe my expectations were too high, or maybe they didn't play the songs I wanted (bridge to better days, for example, which is fucking awesome).

As for Sambora, he was pissed wasn't he?!

Agree on Bon Jovi, thought it would’ve happened by now tbh.

Bon Jovi

Ozzy Osbourne (Will happen in the next few years before he retires)

Van Halen

Biffy Clyro

Green Day

Eminem

Pearl Jam (Dream headliner but don’t think they’ll ever do it tbh)

Foo Fighters (again, don’t think they’ll ever play)

Blink 182

Paramore

1 new headliner per year? That takes us nicely into 2025 without the inevitable classis GnR & Pantera reunions.

Agree on Bon Jovi, thought it would’ve happened by now tbh.

Bon Jovi

Ozzy Osbourne (Will happen in the next few years before he retires)

Van Halen

Biffy Clyro

Green Day

Eminem

Pearl Jam (Dream headliner but don’t think they’ll ever do it tbh)

Foo Fighters (again, don’t think they’ll ever play)

Blink 182

Paramore

1 new headliner per year? That takes us nicely into 2025 without the inevitable classis GnR & Pantera reunions.

I don't think Green Day, Eminem or Paramore will do it either. Paramore will need a return to Brand New Eye's at least material to headline, they won't go down well at all off of another bout of their last album.

I think for Biffy, if they do it, you're looking at 2017 so maybe BMTH, Biffy and Metallica

Edited by thewayiam

Think that Biffy Clyro will headline on their next album cycle so possibly next year?

I doubt it. Nobody seemed to care last time they played and Andy wasn't particularly impressed with them. I don't think the way they've gone really fits Download now.

I worry Download will be done in 5 years and maybe even less, don't want to sound pessimistic as it has traditionally been my favourite festival but it gets a really hard sell when it's the same bands every year. Just feels like most of the acts they're booking have been done to death and a lot of the heritage acts don't have too much fuel left in the tank much past that.

Unless they find new bands to come through then I think it is very vulnerable

I think it will be hard for them to tempt the likes of Green Day there when R/L are still around or they are big enough to fill out a stadium in London still instead. I'd imagine many of the reasons why bands that have toured over the last decade that could play, and haven't played will still stand and they won't suddenly end up playing in the future.