PSB

Anderson19

Go Go Go Go Go

Public Service Broadcasting

Judging by the reaction from yesterdays Glade announcement - the glade will be well populated with efesters on the rumoured Saturday night headline slot!

Initial hopes had been that they would headline and take up the 00:30 time slot but it now seems possible that that slot could be take up by DJ slot and PSB will be on earlier. Haven't yet got an act I wanted to see Saturday night headline - so this is great news.

Will probabaly pop up elsewhere aswell.

GO

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really hoping the pop up somewhere else, Kanye is a can't miss for me on Saturday night but I’d love to see PSB again

I’ve seen them twice once at Y Not and once at their own gig and they were great both times but that was before Race for Space which sounds like it will be amazing live so I’d love to see them again

I am not sure about them any more, are they not one trick ponies? If you have already seen them once, then I am not sure you would really be that fussed about seeing them again, It was entertaining to see an electronic vocal the first time, but the second time I am not sure

I also though their latest album was really dull

I expect I'm on my own here about them, I know theres a lot of love for them here, and the Glade will be absolutely rammed at Glasto

I also though their latest album was really dull

Ach is great, very moving with all the memories

Saw them on tour earlier this year, was great live they'll be fun just glad I've seen them already to resolve the clashes

I'm really chuffed with their announcement, and that it's the Glade, especially if it is Saturday. I was never going to be at Kanye, Mothership or the Other headliners, so this is perfect for me. There's a bit of me that wants them to play the 11pm slot, so that I can get a great spot for them with the other stages rammed. There's another bit of me that wonders if the Park will throw up a mega headliner from where I'll leave a little bit early or run like a madman (over dry ground, obviously) to get to the Glade for a 00.30am start.

Either way, I am there. The new record is brilliant, best listened to as a single listen in running order. It will be my first time seeing them, so no issues about possible one-trick-ponyness...

Ben

I'm really chuffed with their announcement, and that it's the Glade, especially if it is Saturday. I was never going to be at Kanye, Mothership or the Other headliners, so this is perfect for me. There's a bit of me that wants them to play the 11pm slot, so that I can get a great spot for them with the other stages rammed. There's another bit of me that wonders if the Park will throw up a mega headliner from where I'll leave a little bit early or run like a madman (over dry ground, obviously) to get to the Glade for a 00.30am start.

Either way, I am there. The new record is brilliant, best listened to as a single listen in running order. It will be my first time seeing them, so no issues about possible one-trick-ponyness...

Ben

The Other Side and Sputnik are tunes written for live shows...I think it'll be amazing.

You can imagine the crowd going apeshit when Jim Lovell's voice comes on.

I haven't been impatient for a full lineup to this stage but I am a bit now as I'm worried about the worst possible clash between PSB and Leftfield.

That would hurt

The Other Side and Sputnik are tunes written for live shows...I think it'll be amazing.

You can imagine the crowd going apeshit when Jim Lovell's voice comes on.

I haven't been impatient for a full lineup to this stage but I am a bit now as I'm worried about the worst possible clash between PSB and Leftfield.

That would hurt

It's funny. Leftfield should be a band I really got into. I just never did, whilst I was listening to other electronica at the same time, including a love affair with Orbital. They made Leftism just before Orbital made their greatest, and one of my favourite ever, album, In Sides.

For whatever reason I only ever had a passing interest. As such, their 'revival' holds relatively little interest to me. I"m absolutely terrible for 'dismissing' older bands that I consider not to have been important to me at their peak, so why would I get into them now? Probably a bit short-sighted, but I will eschew them in favour of something current and so, to me, more 'relevant'.

By that rather twisted equation, PSB as a 'current' evolving band are much more interesting to me, so I now wouldn't even go to the trouble of doing the Leftfield homework that I could, especially given the love they receive on here and that, as said, they are a band that I should like more.

My typically verbose way of saying that it is PSB all the way for me.

And 'Go' is going to be fantastic too...

:)

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

I think the 22:30/23:00 start time is the Glade 'Headline' slot. Although A DJ usually closes the stage into the early hours. Jon Hopkins was around that time last year, despite clashing with all the other Saturday headliners it was still pretty busy. I suspect PSB will be rammed, though with the visuals it will be an amazing performance in an amazing setting.

It's funny. Leftfield should be a band I really got into. I just never did, whilst I was listening to other electronica at the same time, including a love affair with Orbital. They made Leftism just before Orbital made their greatest, and one of my favourite ever, album, In Sides.

For whatever reason I only ever had a passing interest. As such, their 'revival' holds relatively little interest to me. I"m absolutely terrible for 'dismissing' older bands that I consider not to have been important to me at their peak, so why would I get into them now? Probably a bit short-sighted, but I will eschew them in favour of something current and so, to me, more 'relevant'.

By that rather twisted equation, PSB as a 'current' evolving band are much more interesting to me, so I now wouldn't even go to the trouble of doing the Leftfield homework that I could, especially given the love they receive on here and that, as said, they are a band that I should like more.

Ben

Several thousand folk in various states of euphoria screaming 'Go' sounds like good craic indeed

Go is cracking - but at least get the lyrics at all right.... I was wearing my tour t-shirt into town last weekend and had some guy yelling "Go! Go! Go!" at me out of his window was very confused for a moment

I'm choosing not to torture myself with the idea of a Leftfield / Kanye / PSB clash.

Kanye would win but it wouldn't be pleasant.

Aaah a wrong'un in the end! Leftfield c'mon - they're going to smash it with new material too can't miss

Ben

Ben, you need to find a moment to listen to Leftism LOUDLY. Then imagine hearing those songs played through a great PA. If I could hear someone play a Leftfield CD through a decent system, I'd be there.

Ben, you need to find a moment to listen to Leftism LOUDLY. Then imagine hearing those songs played through a great PA. If I could hear someone play a Leftfield CD through a decent system, I'd be there.

Oh, I have no doubt I'd love it S2H.

In no way do I NOT like Leftfield, I've had Leftism in my collection for years. I just never gave them the time, you know? If the expected PSB vs. LF clash comes to pass as anticipated, then under the Ben Rule of concentrating finite listening time on artists I will probably be seeing, as it stands I'll likely not invest, until the schedule makes them a possibility for me!

It's a bit like SFA. A big fan at their peak, I have resisted giving much time to them since the clash with Hot Chip became pretty likely.

Sounds a bit bonkers, but with SO much stuff to listen to, I have to prioritise, since being familiar with stuff has always enhanced the live experience for me many fold.

Ben