Isn't this Kendal Calling forum quiet?

johnny-yen

Until this year, I've been a regular at Glastonbury and used their efestival forum quite a lot for both viewing and contributing. This will be my first time at Kendal Calling and have switched to this forum to find out all about it.

Although I've been impressed by the swiftness of responses to any questions I've posted, I'm really surprised how quiet it is on here.

Considering that the KC is about one tenth the size of Glastonbury 18,000 people, compared to 175,000, there is much less than one tenth the forum activity.

Anyone any idea why this should be the case? Is there another forum for KC?

Please be aware this is not a critisism of the forum, just an observation. I'm currently away on holiday and got too much spare time on my hands by the pool and wanted to converse (and get excited) about my festival trip this year.

Nah mate, it is a lot quieter than usual, there has never been loads of folk using the page but was a usual crowd most of whom seem to just being busy 'having a real life' ha. It will pick up nearer the time

Im the opposite, a kendal calling regular and down for my first time at glasto this year.....and the pace of that forum is nuts (id posted a couple of hundred times in a few years on the site and in the 9months ive been reading the glasto pages im done over 1500 more) none of the other forums can live with that one. My advice would be dip back into the glasto forum.until this one picks up

Myself and a few others have taken to using whats app , for our festival banter.

Most folk find my banter offensive any how , so im guessing most users on here are relieved! ha

Its a hard life being a Asperger sufferer and a self proclaimed genius !

Edited by LOCHLAND5

• 3 weeks later...

Been to every one that's been at Lowther Park, didn't manage the Early Years... I've just checked back, the first one there was 2009, so that makes this one number 7... 2009 - Zutons, Cornershop, Goldie Lookin Chain, Streets, Noah & the Whale, King Blues, and on the under card, Frank Turner and The Mumfords, to name but a few...

I honestly think that KC this year is probably the best line up going.

Its the first time I've ever not been bothered about Glastonbury, I love Glasto with all my heart but this year I dont think it's up to much.....chuffed to bits that we will be at Kendal this year.

Bring It oooooooNNNNNNNnn!!!!!!!!

*ahem* sorry I hurt my throat then.

Same here, giving Glasto a rest and giving Kendal a go. I'm also used to the busy Glasto boards, was hoping to pick up some tip etc for Kendal. Maybe here will ramp up in the next few weeks.

Ami i right in thinking you have to go through security each day like V? No chance of taking booze in with you?

Do they have compost toilets like at Glasto? We've paid extra for the toilets/ shower thing, is it worth it? Mate not been a festival and insisted we do it.

What are the must sees? Any secret areas?

Final q....from the entrance how far are the campsites? Glasto is obviously quite a walk if you want your favourite spots.

Thanks and see you there!

Edited by IbizaPrincess

Same here, giving Glasto a rest and giving Kendal a go. I'm also used to the busy Glasto boards, was hoping to pick up some tip etc for Kendal. Maybe here will ramp up in the next few weeks.

Ami i right in thinking you have to go through security each day like V? No chance of taking booze in with you?

Do they have compost toilets like at Glasto? We've paid extra for the toilets/ shower thing, is it worth it? Mate not been a festival and insisted we do it.

What are the must sees? Any secret areas?

Final q....from the entrance how far are the campsites? Glasto is obviously quite a walk if you want your favourite spots.

Thanks and see you there!

security to get into the arena, but the camp sites are only a 5 / 10 minute stroll away, so you can sneak back to your tent between acts for a top up.

there are composters, but having gone club class, I think you get "proper" loos

There is a "top 5" recommendations thread, and an "undercard" thread kicking about, depends on your taste; I'm looking to Elbow, Vaccines, Kaisers off the top of my noggin

Entrance to campsites, 5 - 15 minutes depending whereabout you camp.

quite a few a tips on the "advice" thread, we're a friendly bunch at that there Kendal, just say "hello", and don't forget the cider...

Thom

The kendal forum was originally in the other forum section and only got its own section 2 years ago, in that time there has been nearly 7500 posts, although It may not be a lot in comparison to glastonbury, t or leeds it's still very active when you compare it to similar sized festivals like wickerman which has 49 posts or the much larger latitude which has a few hundred.

The forum is generally a friendly enough place and I'd be amazed if any questions you had weren't answered within a few hours of asking them, even months after or months before the festival there's still people posting most days. There's nobody on here connected to the festival in any way other than we usually attend.

4 or 5 years ago the forum tended to have around 5 or 6 people posting, this number seems to grow every year as far as regular posters are concerned and im sure it'll continue to become more popular as more people use it.

It's work in progress really but have fun and join in

Edited by ramragon

Getting very giddy now........Doing that bitter sweet thing of organising the dogs kennels which is always heart breaking.

But all our kit is pretty much sorted & we have a few late commers to our group who have managed to get tickets (Unfortunately they cant get hold of Thursday tickets which is a shame) but this one is shaping up to be a blinding year for us.

We have been like giddy kids on facebook.....bring it on !!!!

The forums only been going just over 2 years and has around 3500 posts a year, it's not gonna get much busier than this if that's what your expecting. The sheer volume of people with an interest in glastonbury, t and Leeds keep people going back to post.

Outside the big 5 festivals it's by far and away the most active board. There's as many posts on here in 2 years as it's taken the IOW to get in 8 years and they've got a much bigger capacity.

Edited by ramragon