How, if possible, do you keep your tent fresh?

mike86

Last year my tent had separate sleeping areas, so all our gear was stored in the middle and our sleeping area didnt get too bad.

This year I have a new tent. It's all one room, except for a front area for shoes and what not. I attended my first festival this weekend and after only two days the tent was starting to hum a bit.

So what do you do to keep your tent bearable over the 5 days?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does your tent smell? Surely with the porch bit it'll be absolutely sound? Take a few bin bags for any clothing/sox/underwear that get completely ruined, muddy or wet and start to smell (not that it'll rain...) and chuck them in there and tie the bag up. Leave that in your porch alongside wellies/trainers etc. and keep it all separate and zipped up from your sleeping area. Use antiperspirant on yourself every morning! Take some swimwear so you or whoever you're with can chuck a load of water on you for you to wash, shower gel that shit up, jobs a good'n!

Edited by Stokesy10

Never been a problem for me either and I sweat like a whore in church. Lemons are a good tip, though, if anything is going to work I reckon that'll be the ticket. Personally I tend to open up the tent, unzip the sleeping bag and throw it on top of the tent once the morning starts to warm, then go back to sleep in the shade of the sleeping bag with the door open, not because of smell but because of heat.

My tent only gets fresh air in the morning or if I'm hanging around it for a bit. Other than that, I've never given the freshness of my tent any thought to be honest.