Breakfast with Howard Marks

Franky

Finally I will get to see this. I have managed to miss him every time I have been. Although not sure he has been there recently ?

Anyone else seen this ?

Ta

I've been to see him at a theatre before, but never at Glastonbury. Definitely worth going to see in my opinion as he is an excellent raconteur - or at least he was quite a few years ago. Not too sure if his brain is completely scrambled now though.

Finally I will get to see this. I have managed to miss him every time I have been. Although not sure he has been there recently ?

Anyone else seen this ?

Ta

He was at the glade last year - a good laugh and well worth it if you fancy a little early morning non music sorbet (brain definitely not scrambled as far as I could see, though I guess mine might have been by then)

I saw him in a theatre in Bristol in 2003.. I'd always loved his book and it was a great show

Not seen him at Glasto yet - always intend to, but always miss him. Think I will make it a Glastonbury wish to see him this year.

Saw him in 2007 I think it was, he had a whole slide projection show set up but it kept playing up (or he was too stoned to work it) so after a while he just said fuck it, I'll tell random stories instead! Was a pretty good start to the day.

How busy has it been for Howard's sets in previous years? Nice and easy to sit and chill to or rammed with standing room only?

When I saw him it was in the John Peel tent I think?!? everybody was either sat in their foldout chairs or on the floor. Edited by ImGonnaLive4eva

I believe it was the Sunday of '07 and whilst our group had agreed to head down to the tent in the old dance village, only two of us got up in time. My companion emptied the week's Magic powder that he'd been collecting in his herb grinder and into huge cigarette and set off, getting a spot on the damp hay in front of the stage.

Everyone was lying around all chilled, many hadn't been to bed yet. He was due on at 10am but as far as I remember, he was late. He told a tale about licking a toad in South America, going into great detail about the circumstances and the trip he got from the hallucinogenic properties of the toad's skin. He was pretty incoherent for the whole thing, his projector stopped working, the remote wouldn't respond at key moments and at one point he walked off for five minutes in frustration. As we smoked our breakfast though, we cared less and less about these issues and were drawn in by his charisma and the comedy of the scene.

When he did finish, we noticed many more people had gathered around the tent and were standing at the back. An hour had flown by and everyone seemed ready to start the day. Unfortunately, our breakfast was so nutritious, we couldn't stand up. We'd failed to notice all the feeling drain from the lower half of our bodies so we just had to lay there for I don't know how long until our friends came to find us and managed to get us moving.

And that's all I really remember about that.