Glade Stage

airwaves

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is quite small, but in terms of ambience it's absolutely perfect.

Going to be rammed to the rafters mind you.

This. I reckon it has among the best sound on site, seen some cracking gigs there, sometimes with only a couple of hundred people, sometimes so rammed it is intense and rocks like a beast. If you are at a loss for an act to see, wander over, they book cracking acts on the main stage and the smaller areas have some top notch stuff playing pretty much any time you stop by.

This. I reckon it has among the best sound on site, seen some cracking gigs there, sometimes with only a couple of hundred people, sometimes so rammed it is intense and rocks like a beast. If you are at a loss for an act to see, wander over, they book cracking acts on the main stage and the smaller areas have some top notch stuff playing pretty much any time you stop by.

Agree with this big time.

It's the perfect fallback option if you're nearby

Definitely. Watched Levellers close out the main stage on the Sunday night in 2010, not a massive crowd by any stretch but it was one of the noisiest, sweatiest and most atmospheric sets I've seen. Great stage.

Agree with this big time.

It's the perfect fallback option if you're nearby

Yeah, a couple of years back a couple of mates who were working security and had little time/energy to spend enjoying the highlights discovered the little dome that always has good DJs running and basically spent their entire off-shift time at the festival chilling there. If you like music a little more experimental in nature it is definitely the place to head.

Definitely. Watched Levellers close out the main stage on the Sunday night in 2010, not a massive crowd by any stretch but it was one of the noisiest, sweatiest and most atmospheric sets I've seen. Great stage.

They were so loud that the sound bleed at QOTSA pissed some people off, impressive work.

It seems really weird with no Steve Hillage/System 7 at The Glade this year. I always thought he was as regular as a Bragg or a Slim.

He is, for me, the fixed point around which Glastonbury turns, Last year's Gong fusion thing was excellent, but this will mean a second year without proper System 7 and its not something I feel content about. No sign of Space Ritual either - sometimes I feel I'm being told its time for the old folks to jog along.

JJ Rosa playing Spike Thursday evening and somewhere else (via her Twitter feed)

Saw her last year and to say she sings like Amy Winehouse and plays guitar like Hendrix gives you some idea what she is like. Yes really!

She drew a sizeable crowd for the small area, dragging people in from the railway line to see what it was all about. That's how I came across her and was so hoping she would be back. I hope her other set may be in a bigger venue.

JJ Rosa playing Spike Thursday evening and somewhere else (via her Twitter feed)

Saw her last year and to say she sings like Amy Winehouse and plays guitar like Hendrix gives you some idea what she is like. Yes really!

Just checking out a bit of her stuff now.

That tune Feel Loved is a cracker

• 1 month later...

Albeit a lovely area of the fest where I have spent many a while relaxing and taking in what's going on - I saw my first set at the Glade this year - Sentient at about 2:30 on the Friday. Bloody great too. 40 mins of progressive psych rock and although barely anyone was there at all to start wth it picked up a bit towards the end. Magic. Could've done with that a bit later on in the day for max cider exposure lol