What's the mobile signal like on Three?

johnmcga

I switched from O2 to Three late last year, and have found Three's signal to be, er, variable, since!

Mobile reception at Glastonbury seems to have improved immensely in recent years, but given Three can be unpredictable even here in London, I'm not sure I rate their chances at the festival.

Anyone have any experience? Can you get a Three signal around the site? Do texts send and arrive reliably? Should I switch back to O2 or maybe EE for the festival?

(I don't care about mobile data, nor particularly about making calls - I just like to be able to send a receive the odd text to coordinate meeting up.)

On the whole they were fine last year, at busier parts of the day iMessage and whatsapp were more reliable than text message but I tend to find at glastonbury it's less of a problem of getting a message through and more an issue that whenever you text someone or they text you, your phone is in your pocket and the message is missed for a while.

I switched from O2 to Three late last year, and have found Three's signal to be, er, variable, since!

Mobile reception at Glastonbury seems to have improved immensely in recent years, but given Three can be unpredictable even here in London, I'm not sure I rate their chances at the festival.

Anyone have any experience? Can you get a Three signal around the site? Do texts send and arrive reliably? Should I switch back to O2 or maybe EE for the festival?

(I don't care about mobile data, nor particularly about making calls - I just like to be able to send a receive the odd text to coordinate meeting up.)

I'm in Manchester and have the complete opposite, I moved from GiffGaff (O2) to three and my signal has been miles better