Obsession with glastonbury.!

k8yphillips

Ok.!! So I'm a long time lurker on efestivals, and after a few drinks I have the courage to post. My first glastonbury was last year due to my partner saying how much he thinks I would love it, ( he has been quite a few times!!)! So I went last year and now have tickets for 2015, now I have the such an obsession with the festival, I think, sleep eat Glastonbury, lucky I am from somerset and have now been to worthy farm just for walks on the farm. Anyway what I'm saying is since my first time last year I am totally obsessed with the place.!!! Is this normal glasto lovers?? and if not why can I not think of anything else??? Eat, sleep, glasto, rave, repeat!!! Is this obsession normal?? Xx

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My problem is I have 2 small children whom are coming with usfrom weds to fri and now they are obsessed and have made songs up about the place.!! I'm so lucky being from somerset i have family to pick them up on fri.) my point is I discovered glasto last year and since then it has changed my life and I cannot get enough of the place.!! Is this normal??? Xx

Absolutely normal. My mate pestered me for yearsto go and in 2010 she said I simply must go... So I did, and totally fell in love with the place! There is no time since then that I have not thought about it. The 3 months after I'm reminiscing and worrying about getting tickets. Then I get tickets and Glastobate with my fellow festival buddies. Then I plan my kit and learn each year what to take/not take. Then resale for mates not succesful, then it's just on the doorstep and actually happening. My colleagues are sick to death of me talking about it.

So glad i even have a couple of people who think like me.!! I feel like an obsessed freak and my partner has said he wishes he hadn't introduced me to it. I can't explain it to anyone else because no one understands.!!! Xx

Plenty of people on here understand. We are all likeminded people. Some people only visit efests in the months running up to Glasto, others are on here all year round.

Following this forum I have seen such a lovely community what with resales, camper tickets ect and it's so lovely.!!! Icx

Tis that my friend. We are all after one common goal and that is to have an awesome time on a farm in June. Come to the efests meet on Wednesday, You will get to put names to faces.

Jenie T why did you have to give your ticket up my lovely?? Xxx

Just had a baby. I knew I pregnant on ticket day back in October but was very early on and didn't seem real lol. He was definitely planned however I was delusional in thinking I would be able to leave the baby with my parents. Now he is here there is NO WAY I could leave him and he is too little to take. However next year, he will have his wellies and will be coming with us :-) (providing we get tickets - fingers and toes crossed)

Anyway being obsessed with Glastonbury is completely normal on here :-) hope you have loads of fun and have a beer or 2 for me x

So glad you posted this k8yphillips. I have been lucky to have been to Glasto several times and am getting more and more obsessed too. I am sure that my family thinks I am a bit nuts!

I can, and do, turn any conversation round to talking of any aspect of Glasto!! Hubbie politely listens but I can see his eyes glazing over!!

Have a brilliant time and worry not! X

Hi k8y

I'm a GF newbie, finally deciding to go this year after years of feeling that, although being at festivals is where I feel happiest in the world, Glastonbury just isn't/wasn't 'my' kind of festival. Too big, too 'mainstream' blah blah. Last autumn something 'clicked', and instantly I knew that I had to go this year. I genuinely don't know why, but suddenly it felt completely right, and that had to go.

From THAT moment onwards, I have been ENTIRELY obsessed with all things Glastonbury. I had a military operation set up with friends to ensure that my one, single coach ticket was secured (got it at 7.01pm in the Wed coach sale!). I have read just about every post on here since...and that's a ridiculous number, even if confined to the Headliners 2015 thread! I have watched every vid, read every article. I feel that I am as familiar as one can be without ever going, not to spoil the surprises and wonders I will see, but to try to make sure I get as much out of my first Glastonbury as possible.

So, I've gone from 'not for me', to 'i know I'm gonna want to go EVERY year' without having even been!

I've even made a series of complicated shift swaps at work in 2016 to make sure that, should I get a ticket, I can go next year!!

You are not alone...

:)

Ben

x

Edited by bennyhana22