Yo! Sneak in 15

sneaker

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

festival Freak,

Nope, never walked in through lax security.

Always a very well planned method, and a huge amount of work beforehand.

hey, its fun.

I'm not robbing anyone because all the tickets are sold, so I'm just a little extra. Every year I try for a ticket, and every year I am unlucky.

I love the festival. I go for the fun, the circus, the crazy one man shows, the happy people, the late night weird shows in the random places. I dont do drugs. I dont get pissed. I'm a 50+ family man who just enjoys stuff, and my kids think I'm crazy and cool.

Its the one time of the year when I can feel like a rebel, get away from my desk and enjoy... please don't diss me for that.

Cheers,

Good luck to all old men like me looking for a Glastonbury thrill :)

50+ eh? Do you have any strong feelings about social groups?

Wow... so many negative comments.

Dillyblue. I take all my ticket money and spend it in the Greenpeace / Green fields area.

Sofa.. If you want to read this post as bragging then that is your take on it.

Math125 .... I failed all my O levels, so yes I should have revised!

Scot44... I do need to lose a bit of weight so yes a bit of jogging would be useful, thanks for the advice.

mozzy.. social groups? without differing social groups we would not have a interesting world to live in.

I met a guy in 2013 on the Friday at the pyramid. Was sat chilling out while jake buggs performance was sending my wife to sleep. Three guys sat next to me as I lit a glasto ciggies up, so with my wife napping and me being the friendly sort I offered it to the guy next to me, and then told him he could pass it to his friends....."oh I don't know them" was his reply. "But you walked up here with them", "yeah I'm pretty much by myself, I got chatting to them earlier and they asked if I fancied watching jake bugg" was his response, I was intrigued so pressed him further.

It ended up he'd been working one of the entrances and even though he had every intention to work the full festival he said the excitement of everyone coming in past him just made him snap. Mid shift he just ripped off his high vis vest and did a runner , he said he'd been other years as a punter so thought he could handle working the fest no problem. We chatted for a bit then he went on his way.

Tbh in the heat of the moment I would have done the same, he seemed a good guy.

Edited by swede

I met a guy in 2013 on the Friday at the pyramid. Was sat chilling out while jake buggs performance was sending my wife to sleep. Three guys sat next to me as I lit a glasto ciggies up, so with my wife napping and me being the friendly sort I offered it to the guy next to me, and then told him he could pass it to his friends....."oh I don't know them" was his reply. "But you walked up here with them", "yeah I'm pretty much by myself, I got chatting to them earlier and they asked if I fancied watching jake bugg" was his response, I was intrigued so pressed him further.

It ended up he'd been working one of the entrances and even though he had every intention to work the full festival he said the excitement of everyone coming in past him just made him snap. Mid shift he just ripped off his high vis vest and did a runner , he said he'd been other years as a punter so thought he could handle working the fest no problem. We chatted for a bit then he went on his way.

Am I right in thinking that workers have to pay a fee that protects the festival against this kind of thing, and you only get it back if you complete the shifts?

kalifire ... bet you a pint 1 get in again this year. I'd be looking to get in sometime on Thursday, so we could meet up later and I will tell you how its done.

Sorry mate, I'll be shit faced from all the fun I'll have on Wednesday. Thanks, though x

Oxfam definitely have to pay a deposit equivalent of the ticket price , I'm sure most voluntary organizations do the same , some take more than

the ticket price . And before you ask most organizations share a black list , so it's a one trick pony

Imagine doing that, risking getting a black mark against your name, then wasting it on Jake Bugg.