See Coaches returning - do they check tickets?

Jellylegs

Have booked a return on See Coaches to London, but now need to go to Bristol after the festival.

Does anyone remember do they actually check for tickets and scan them when leaving Glastonbury?

Not thoroughly. However you could be shafting some poor sod who was actually booked on that coach.

Couldn't you go on the shuttle service to Bristol Temple Meads? I think it's £20 and runs from 6am on the Monday.

EDIT:There's also a shuttle to Castle Cary train station, you can buy a one-way ticket from Castle Cary to Bristol Temple Meads or Bristol Parkway for £15.90 (or £15.10 after 9.30am)

Edited by FrankieX

The thing is, the coaches are all paid for and invariably have plenty of spare seats on them on the way back. There isn't much reason for them to check carefully. It's not as if you can buy a single ticket.

To be honest, you could probably just turn up and tell them you wanted to go somewhere else and they wouldn't mind.

The thing is, the coaches are all paid for and invariably have plenty of spare seats on them on the way back. There isn't much reason for them to check carefully. It's not as if you can buy a single ticket.

To be honest, you could probably just turn up and tell them you wanted to go somewhere else and they wouldn't mind.

You can book a single but I agree with your general point.

was thinking this...if its a full coach you will be taking someones paid for seat....bit of a dickmove and will cause a delay while they sort it out to everyone else on the coach

On the 1pm back to Liverpool last year they just kept sending coaches until everyone was on one, we were near the back of the queue and ended up on the 3rd coach

On the 1pm back to Liverpool last year they just kept sending coaches until everyone was on one, we were near the back of the queue and ended up on the 3rd coach

Think we might have been on the same coach, were you on the one that didn't get to Liverpool till about 8pm after the driver who was supposed to change didn't turn up at the correct stop and had to stop again?

That was a painful journey.

Think we might have been on the same coach, were you on the one that didn't get to Liverpool till about 8pm after the driver who was supposed to change didn't turn up at the correct stop and had to stop again?

That was a painful journey.

Yep we were on the same one, I was out all night sunday so the moment I got on the coach I just passed out, I remember being in some majorly over expensive service station in Gloucestershire which was annoying as I was starving. Fish and chips for like 8-9 quid if I remember correctly.

I was somewhere in the middle of the coach to the left with nobody sitting behind me so I had the seat that far back it was almost horizontal so I could lie down So it wasn't the worst journey ever for me

If I recall correctly the driver went to the wrong service station or something but had used up all his driving minutes so wasn't allowed to go any further so we had to wait for the other driver to find us or something like that?

Do you have a coach ticket from Liverpool this year as well? :)

Yep we were on the same one, I was out all night sunday so the moment I got on the coach I just passed out, I remember being in some majorly over expensive service station in Gloucestershire which was annoying as I was starving. Fish and chips for like 8-9 quid if I remember correctly.

I was somewhere in the middle of the coach to the left with nobody sitting behind me so I had the seat that far back it was almost horizontal so I could lie down So it wasn't the worst journey ever for me

If I recall correctly the driver went to the wrong service station or something but had used up all his driving minutes so wasn't allowed to go any further so we had to wait for the other driver to find us or something like that?

Do you have a coach ticket from Liverpool this year as well? :)

Yes, that was it. Driver got it confused. I was on my own in the middle as well. Mad yer never far from an efester even on the coaches. Lol

At a pub the next day (the Belvedere for one of their awesome gins) there was a guy sat outside with his wristband on so had a bit of a chat with him about Glasto, didn't ask if he was an efester though.

Not going from the Pool of Liver this year as not with the chap I was going out with at the time anymore.

So going from Bristol with one of the Camp Ralphers I met last year at the solo group.

Yes, that was it. Driver got it confused. I was on my own in the middle as well. Mad yer never far from an efester even on the coaches. Lol

At a pub the next day (the Belvedere for one of their awesome gins) there was a guy sat outside with his wristband on so had a bit of a chat with him about Glasto, didn't ask if he was an efester though.

Not going from the Pool of Liver this year as not with the chap I was going out with at the time anymore.

So going from Bristol with one of the Camp Ralphers I met last year at the solo group.

Well I was with two friends like but there was nobody sat behind me, that I know of you're the closest I've actually came to meeting an efester haha. I think I was wearing a hoody with a shitty maths pun on the back so if that rings any bells then you seen me.

Yer it's quite mad how many people from Liverpool actually go, I was doing work experience in a school a few days later and one of the students noticed my wristband and we had a big conversation about it. Severely doubt he was an efester though as he was 14, then again he'd fit right in the R+L section :P.

Ah seems like you've got a much less daunting journey on the way home. I need to find out the return times for the later coaches back to Liverpool

Our coach back to Oxford goes at 7.30am! :(

6.30am to Manchester! It's silly because I found someone who would like to go earlier who has a 3pm bus, and I'd love to leave that late.

I need 2 tickets but If I can agree with someone else a swap then I don't mind turning up as there should be a space and I won't be taking it from anyone else

Can you? I didn't realise that. Can't stand it when people make statements of fact on a forum when they could easily Google to check their facts out!

Only from a handful of places, London, Bristol, Taunton, Reading & Bath

6.30am to Manchester! It's silly because I found someone who would like to go earlier who has a 3pm bus, and I'd love to leave that late.

I need 2 tickets but If I can agree with someone else a swap then I don't mind turning up as there should be a space and I won't be taking it from anyone else

Only from a handful of places, London, Bristol, Taunton, Reading & Bath

I went from Manchester last time, so I feel a little better now :)

I looked at last years timetable, and the return to Oxford went at 2.30pm - much better! We're only 2- 2 1/2 hrs away so no idea why such an early departure.

At least I'lll be home at a reasonable hour I guess!

I looked at last years timetable, and the return to Oxford went at 2.30pm - much better! We're only 2- 2 1/2 hrs away so no idea why such an early departure.

At least I'lll be home at a reasonable hour I guess!

It's a bit random isn't it, it's not even like we're dropped off at a proper bus station either, we were just left in town & expected to adjust to normal life haha