Glasgow to glasto

rochellexxx

Hiya, looking forward to my first glasto which is just under a month away!! after much debate ended up booking the national express Glasgow to glasto. We get the bus at 11 Tuesday night and arrive at half 8 Wednesday morning.. How strict will they be with luggage?? And also does anyone know how long it'll take us to get to pennard hill ground from the gate we will use to enter the camp site? X

Hi I'm a fellow Glaswegian after attending Glastonbury 8 times.

Normally there will be volunteers at the gate checking your luggage. From my experience they are particular relaxed and not that fussed and much less agro from Glasgow bouncers.

The biggest concerns are probably glass bottles. But I've heard stories that people got caught with illegal substances so the trick is not too stand out from the crowd and don't be seen under the influence.

The walking distance from gate A (that is public transport gate) to pennard hill campsite all depends on the weather and how much weight you carrying. If it's dry condition and packing fairly light (rucksack, sleeping bag and one carry bag) it will take 20 to 30 mins. If it is wet and muddy expect 40 mins to 1 hour)