Alcohol and Food Prices

Fivefingerjohn

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people forget how much drinks cost because generally pubs and bars don't have price lists up and you buy a round and hand over money. Unless you're in a student bar in central Manchester you won't be paying less than £4 a pint, its not just a London thing. Unless London and Manchester are the same and everywhere else is different, I don't tend to visit elsewhere unless for football.

Edited by chewsavedlatin

I think people forget how much drinks cost because generally pubs and bars don't have price lists up and you buy a round and hand over money. Unless you're in a student bar in central Manchester you won't be paying less than £4 a pint, its not just a London thing. Unless London and Manchester are the same and everywhere else is different, I don't tend to visit elsewhere unless for football.

Not in devon, around £3.30ish in the pubs i go to generally.

Can get a pint of Carlsberg for about £2.60 in Wetherspoons. Turborg tastes just as shite, why's it worth £4.80?

Just a guess really, but perhaps it's because it's served in a big field where cows are usually living, not in a pub

I'm sure a couple of years back, Avalon did a 1st couple of days prices, then it went up Thurs/Fri onwards. I could be wrong but I recall our group saying it's gone up.

I seem to remember that from last year as well. Just 10p I think. At the time I wasn't sure if my memory was playing up or if they'd adjusted their prices to be more in line with some of the other bars.