Alcohol and Food Prices

Fivefingerjohn

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cider Bus was £4 a pint IIRC, they may even have been doing three for a tenner. Brothers bar was also about 4 quid a go. Rest of the bars doing £5 for Tuborg, which is watery shite.

A Growler will set you back £5-6, which is outstanding value considering the fact it'll last you all day and can soak up a ridiculous amount of alcohol.

haha it is comically dear in places. £5 for a chips and gravy etc. but there are some absolutely delightful food stores where I don't begrudge paying the money.

the booze situation at glasto does annoy me slightly. it's harder than it should be to get booze. should be bars absolutely everywhere and they should have a much more varied selection too. fucking tuborg.

The previous few posts are accurate in my experience.

The trick is not to go diving in at the nearest stall the moment you feel peckish. When you're wandering in the first couple of days, have a look at what places offer.

When you're ready to buy, but don't recognise nearby stalls, just hang around them a bit and watch what people get for the price and judge for yourself.

Presume u can get big bottles of coke for a couple of quid? (So I can just carry the spirit in)

I've only been able to get 1.25/1.5ltr bottles of Coca-Cola but some places have 2ltr cheap lemonade from the supermarkets.

Expect a wrap to be about £6.50. Go veggie, as said before you get more & are less likely to get ill.

I would avoid the Chinese noodles from the generic covered stalls.

Edited by Couchy

£10 sounds a lot for a bite to each from a stall but when you think you probably only have one meal per day (if you're getting stuck into some bags of drugs) it doesn't break the bank too much.

making sure you take some of your own booze is the key to not spending massive amounts. a mistake I make every year and will likely continue to do so as I hate carrying things.

To be fair having been to other events I thought food prices were pretty reasonable if you shopped around, nothing that cheap unless you go to The Green Fields but nothing too extortionate either considering the quality of the offer. It is alcohol that really can set you back, bring as much as your own as humanely possible, basically.

bar near acoustic ice cold san Miguel not sure if was £4 or £4.50 a pint..... much better than Tuborg

wow, I know I said "Cold shite beer > hot cans of nice beer", but of course an ice cold DECENT beer trumps all!

Will defo have to check that out, an ice cold San Miguel would be divine!

Does anyone know the name of the inside bar at the very back of West Holts, I remember it in being there in 2013 and listening to the first half of Bobby Womack from it, but cant remember it being there last year?

Kasbah, it becomes our local for our group every year, out of habit more than anything else. There's nothing particulary great about it, other than location to WH.

The sunken seats are canny I suppose.

Yes - most bars have the generic stuff - John Smiths, Tuborg, Gaymers Cider - £4.50 a pint last year. Otter Ale as well at quite a few of the bars.

I think Brothers Bar is £4 or £4.50 as well (various flavours) and is very strong - lots of people use that a lot!! Bang for buck and all that.......

Real Ale in Acoustic field and Avalon is good stuff, but around the same price.

Cider Bus from memory is slightly cheaper.

Not sure about bars in naughty corner - usually a bit worse for wear by the time I get there (if I do)

wow, I know I said "Cold shite beer > hot cans of nice beer", but of course an ice cold DECENT beer trumps all!

Will defo have to check that out, an ice cold San Miguel would be divine!

Aye, I'd be interested in knowing where that is too. Hate the Tuborg, not only is it weak piss but it goes through me like a shot. To and from the toilet every few minutes when I've had more than a couple of pints of it.