going up on tuesday

willharris

I bought a train ticket to castle cary on the tuesday evening and was going to get a taxi to the festival and camp in the car park, failing to realise you need to be in your car to stay on the tuesday night. Is it likely that I'll be allowed to camp outside the festival? or find a nearby field?

I bought a train ticket to castle cary on the tuesday evening and was going to get a taxi to the festival and camp in the car park, failing to realise you need to be in your car to stay on the tuesday night. Is it likely that I'll be allowed to camp outside the festival? or find a nearby field?

Think out the box - although they will warn you not to hitch - there is nothing stopping you going to Shepton Mallet as there will be festival goers picking up stuff from the supermarket and just ask people for a lift - all then can say is No - sure not everyone will be keen but I would be dead surprised if you did not get a lift .

all good advice old sons but as he said hes getting in in the evening so theres no point hitching a lift to the festi till wed morn.

you cant camp up any where near the festi wed night .....then i agree youll get a lift tue no worries ..

as for tue night id just hunker down in a field then hitch a lift to festi first thing youll be sorted old son

ahhhhhh BUT if you do wont to get to the festi site i reckon [ as has been said ] if you hitch youll get one but remember youll be queing all night which can be fun i did it last year ..where as if you camp up and hitch in the morning youll miss the que ////////sorted lol

Think out the box - although they will warn you not to hitch - there is nothing stopping you going to Shepton Mallet as there will be festival goers picking up stuff from the supermarket and just ask people for a lift - all then can say is No - sure not everyone will be keen but I would be dead surprised if you did not get a lift .

It's not a bad idea. I've managed to secure a lift at least as far as Bristol and sometimes as far as my front door whilst at the festival several times, there is almost nowhere in Britain it is easier to hitch to and from than the Glastonbury festival.

Don't worry about turning up Tuesday night without a car, I've done so several times and just joined the queue as soon as I've arrived, then got a bit of kip in the morning when I'm pitched up.