The breakfast thread

Blueberry

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Garlic Kitchen on the corner opposite Jazz used to be a joy but I haven't seen it there for a few years now. Very sadly missed place.

In lieu of that, usually make do with 7 Pringles and a line.

that place was tremendous!

I'm still hoping an omelette stall will one day make an appearance at the festival. Either that or I'm going to start one myself and become a bazillionaire.

Garlic Kitchen on the corner opposite Jazz used to be a joy but I haven't seen it there for a few years now. Very sadly missed place.

only 7 Pringles!

not sure if it's the same place but there was a garlic place near the John Peel last year that was tremendous

I think I saw this last year somewhere on the strip from John Peel to the Pyramid.

edit: judging by other comments I did! Their website also says they are back this year. http://www.thegarlicfarm.co.uk/visit/field-kitchen

Edited by math125

Not sure if it's the same people but there is a garlic food stall on the walk between JP and pyramid. Close to the beat hotel.

Had some fantastic food from there last year. They had an upside down sign and had a kitty running with the staff how many times festival goers mentioned the sign over the weekend.

Edit: I think it was these people - http://www.thegarlicfarm.co.uk/event/glastonbury-festival-garlic-farm-field-kitchen

Edited by craigb

Big fry up at Manic Organic

Crepe from le Grande Bouffe

Kedgeree.

Then a little round up by hitting the bakers near the Acoustic

Shit, that's 3 of the 5 days gone already. Bugger it, too much good food, not enough mornings.

Edited by Mardy

That tapas place with the flamenco dancer does a smashing brunch (don't rate their food usually but for breakfast it's great)

For fruit definitely greenpeace or there's a little stall (think it's run by the Christian church people), up by Home ground looking over the pyramid

Big fry up at Manic Organic

Crepe from le Grande Bouffe

Kedgeree.

Shit, that's 3 of the 5 days gone already. Bugger it, too much good food, not enough mornings.

Loved the breakfast I had from Manic Organic last year, as well as the Kedgeree from the Goan fish curry stall. Haven't tried a crepe from Le Grande Bouffe but if it's anywhere near as good as the other meal I had there it'll no doubt be a must for this year. Bollocks to finding out the rest of the line-up and running order for clashes - the real dilemma is indeed finding enough time for all of the glorious food!

That tapas place with the flamenco dancer does a smashing brunch (don't rate their food usually but for breakfast it's great)

yeah i'd second this! the tapas platter itself is a bit overpriced but the breakfast is very very nice and from what i remember pretty reasonably priced

you get a chorizo sausage a fried egg, some spinach and beans, like a spanish style full english.

Edited by Memory Man

Buy an Oggie whilst walking home, eat half for supper and half for breakfast.

Yes! This!

I discovered this properly last year, had seen it in previous years but last year wanted to take less food and source more on site. I can't recommend them enough!