A361 meeting spot?

sedra

Hi- we are taking a different route this year to meet some newbie friends to go in convoy. We usually go across country ( a route we have done for many years and is very quiet with no traffic) but they are coming from Chippenham so thinking we will meet them on a361 around Frome- is there a petrol station/little chef somewhere around there for a good easy meet up point? Also any traffic spots to avoid on this main road - we plan to meet them about 7am weds.Any suggestions, thanks

We were meeting some friends to convoy into campervan fields last year and met in the asda, good option if you want any last bits and pieces or to use a proper loo before heading to site!

Asda Frome Superstore

Warminster Road
Frome, Somerset BA11 5LA
Edited by wosman

Hi- we are taking a different route this year to meet some newbie friends to go in convoy. We usually go across country ( a route we have done for many years and is very quiet with no traffic) but they are coming from Chippenham so thinking we will meet them on a361 around Frome- is there a petrol station/little chef somewhere around there for a good easy meet up point? Also any traffic spots to avoid on this main road - we plan to meet them about 7am weds.Any suggestions, thanks

we meet at nunney catch too. If you have a convoy sign in your windscreen that helps the stewards identify you and keep you together between entry and parking, like 1/2, 2/2 etc

we meet at nunney catch too. If you have a convoy sign in your windscreen that helps the stewards identify you and keep you together between entry and parking, like 1/2, 2/2 etc

I have never thought of doing the convoy thing. Thanx CarlosJ! So do you just make your own on a piece of paper and tape it to the window? I always worry we will get split up when directed.

Edited by Curlygirl

I have never thought of doing the convoy thing. Thanx CarlosJ! So do you just make your own on a piece of paper and tape it to the window? I always worry we will get split up when directed.

If you just say to the stewards that you and x amount of cars behind you are together then they won't split you up. Worked for us going into camper East the last four years.

Yep, just an A4 sheet written on with a marker. You won't get split up really, as there are spaces to pull aside and regroup (quickly!) as you drive to the final parking, but I think it makes things easier for/helps the stewards keep things moving as they need to process and check the CVs quickly to avoid queues, both at entry and on the fields.

Yep, just an A4 sheet written on with a marker. You won't get split up really, as there are spaces to pull aside and regroup (quickly!) as you drive to the final parking, but I think it makes things easier for/helps the stewards keep things moving as they need to process and check the CVs quickly to avoid queues, both at entry and on the fields.

Thanx mate