Trolley thread

mrfunk

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So has anyone seen one of these in the metal then?

http://www.handiworld.com/handimoova-63/handimoova.html

I have not but would be greatly concerned about those wheels in the mud and over bumps

Those beach ones just above look grand, but too expensive. The fishing trolley type like efests sell look much sturdier IMHO and far cheaper

I have not but would be greatly concerned about those wheels in the mud and over bumps

That film clip should show it on a replica of the hill of death in 2007.  That would be the convincer...

That film clip should show it on a replica of the hill of death in 2007.  That would be the convincer...

:lol: was that the year it went straight down the hill still and everyone slipped everywhere?

I'm all for Gate D as 'the test' these days - sideways slopes, muddy crevices, loose roadstone, mid-sized hill - it's a full experience, albeit not such an extended slope test

This year, while on my way back to the car for a second load I found probably the worst Glastonbury trolley I have ever seen, broken and discarded near Gate A.

It was about 12 inches high, with tiny wheels. I am genuinely stumped as to what was being carried on it. What object of this size could be heavy enough to require a trolley? How the hell did the owner pull the trolley given that it is only 12 inches tall?

11212702_10152972844446526_2557971419820

This year, while on my way back to the car for a second load I found probably the worst Glastonbury trolley I have ever seen, broken and discarded near Gate A.

It was about 12 inches high, with tiny wheels. I am genuinely stumped as to what was being carried on it. What object of this size could be heavy enough to require a trolley? How the hell did the owner pull the trolley given that it is only 12 inches tall?

Prince's luggage?

Edited by Quark

:lol:

Is it not just very far away?

This year BOTH of my trolleys died at varying point son the last day.

This rather nifty fishing trolley:

deluxe-trolley-2203d.jpg

Died on the 2nd return trip to take everything back on the Sunday, the spigot that the wheel was mounted on split meaning the wheel would not stay on.

Our primary trolley, which we've used for about 5 years:

40_Large_Garden_Trolley.jpg

Also died, one of the two front wheel struts split as we were taking the tent (27KG) back to the van.

We managed to do a Macguyver and use some bungee clips to draw the wheel braces together and

it just about held up though.... on the plus side I felt incredibly manly making running repairs and

actually getting them to work 

The upside is I get to look for new trolleys next year, I've got my eye on this motorised version :-)

1.jpg

Also died, one of the two front wheel struts split as we were taking the tent (27KG) back to the van.

*gasp* photo?

The upside is I get to look for new trolleys next year, I've got my eye on this motorised version :-)

1.jpg

*purr* I'm not entirely sure how I'd feel about seeing one of those as I was sweating my way around pointless zig zags...

Can confirm that Neil's Efests sack truck (available at v reasonable price from his online store kids!) can haul 80kg down and up the Hill o' Deff. Had no functional/operational issues whatsoever. Wasn't easy mind, but hey.

Another vote for the 2 wheeled fold up trolley from the efestivals shop.  Got one a couple of weeks before the festival, after I'd decided my old one was no longer up to the task, great bit of kit, and a lot sturdier than it looks on the website.  Only one minor gripe (and it is very minor), I wish it came with R-pins (cotter pins) for the wheels, instead of the supplied split pins, just cos R-pins are more re-useable.

I re-designed mine to be almost all metal - carried all my crap in and out and then the kids at night

it must have held over 150kg to 200kg at one point

<click to see bigger>

150kg? What the hell are you feeding those kids dude?! :wink:

I re-designed mine to be almost all metal - carried all my crap in and out and then the kids at night

it must have held over 150kg to 200kg at one point

<click to see bigger>

That looks like a monster lounger deckchair/wheelchair combo now - you'll be laughing if you twist an ankle and get to ride around in that. Just wait 'til the kids can push it for you first

Impressed by some of these efforts, gonna have to improve mine I think

Could you make one for me?

That was in the top five questions.asked me. Top one being please can I have a ride

I know it can handle two big adults because my kids started to invite a group of "slightly!!" drunk people to go on it (I was distracted talking to someone else) and they did- fine if you're on a straight road, but not where we was - in strummerville!!

it's basically two adult mountain bikes cut up and braced together with 20mm and 25mm tubing (with a kids bike cut up for the front wheel.

and I made the kids promise to push me around when I get older

Edited by wweerr208

That was in the top five questions.asked me. Top one being please can I have a ride

I know it can handle two big adults because my kids started to invite a group of "slightly!!" drunk people to go on it (I was distracted talking to someone else) and they did- fine if you're on a straight road, but not where we was - in strummerville!!

it's basically two adult mountain bikes cut up and braced together with 20mm and 25mm tubing (with a kids bike cut up for the front wheel.

and I made the kids promise to push me around when I get older

Nice, a great way to use those unwanted bikes to! Do you go in a camper van or just this manage to fit into a car?