Trolley thread

mrfunk

I usually take a barrow to carry my stuff, (my back cant take the pain of lugging anymore)

Looking to get a garden trolley http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Large-Green-4-Wheeled-Garden-Trolley-With-Drop-Sides-REDUCED-/151621203253?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item234d53f535

$T2eC16dHJHYFFkRCeHm1BRtbQt4z4Q~~60_12.J

any one had experience with these.. what are they like to pull push between two,

.This will be shared between two of us, so tent and gear...

Got a hell of a walk from C to Dairy ground.

Welcome your comments.

Funk

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's exactly the one we have. Biggest test it had was in 2011. Rain, sticky mud and all our daughters' stuff plus loads of beer for them and their friends (though no tent). It was a bugger to pull towards the end but honestly a feather would have been after the (close to) 3 hours from Gate C to Pennards - the weight of mud on the wellies was at least as bad. That was one serious f**king nightmare. Trolley stood up to all of it - pins holding the sides together got a bit loose but didn't break. Wheels were fine. It was so much easier than having to carry everything. On dry mud on the Monday morning - up the "hill of death" - it was great. My advice would be to get lots of straps to hold things down (you've probably already thought of that) and maybe a couple of extra pins (just in case). And don't forget bin bags to cover everything in case of it pissing it down.

Hi all has anyone ever used a council wheelie bin,saw a few folk using them last year and wondered how easy they where, thanks

Fairly certain Glastoworker posted some photos of people struggling with these when the wheels fell off because of the uneven ground/mud/something. Looked like a nightmare. Also wouldn't recommend wheeled suitcases - one of my daughter's friends insists on bringing one every year and every year it breaks before she enters the gate.

Fairly certain Glastoworker posted some photos of people struggling with these when the wheels fell off because of the uneven ground/mud/something. Looked like a nightmare. Also wouldn't recommend wheeled suitcases - one of my daughter's friends insists on bringing one every year and every year it breaks before she enters the gate.

Thanks might be better to look for something else cheers

Hi all has anyone ever used a council wheelie bin,saw a few folk using them last year and wondered how easy they where, thanks

I've seen people trying to drag them when the wheels have fallen off and when people used them in the mud years as the wheels simply clogged up. I really felt for them as they were properly screwed really, and you can't really offer assistance when you are trying to lug all your own stuff on to and off site.

A few years ago I constructed our Glastomobile out of two B&Q sacktrucks bolted and jubilee clipped together. It's still intact after five festivals, though now retired to my cellar after I got a caravan.

2jeuzi0.jpg

The thinking behind it is that there is no steering, and therefore no pivot point, which tends to be the weak spot. But most trolley lugging is largely straight line. When we need to change direction the person pushing at the back lifts and re-directs it.

Most important are a plentiful supply of bungees to strap everything on.

Four wheels are much better than two because you can stop and have a rest without everything toppling off.

PRAM!!

The way ahead is a pram, 4 pneumatic steerable wheels, top up the carrycot and underneath basket wth your stuff, bungy strap the lot and off you go.

However, you must contain you smugness when strolling in, pushing with one hand and cider in the other.

I've had mine since 2011, absolute Bobby dazler; £9 eBay. I'd post a pici but iPad technology defeats me :)

PRAM!!

The way ahead is a pram, 4 pneumatic steerable wheels, top up the carrycot and underneath basket wth your stuff, bungy strap the lot and off you go.

However, you must contain you smugness when strolling in, pushing with one hand and cider in the other.

I've had mine since 2011, absolute Bobby dazler; £9 eBay. I'd post a pici but iPad technology defeats me :)

Well well!!! I've never seen this!!!

A tarp/groundsheet or something to wrap over the whole lot is a good idea.

the heavens opened in queue in 2011, everything I took was completely drenched.

Also, tape your boxes of beers up! They look nice and secure at the start of the journey. After a couple miles the boxes will split, & come undone If carrying them, if it rains you might aswell not have the box at all. Trusty gaffer them shut before you set off. People having to dump stuff in the queue is pretty common

looks tidy, got something similar,,

was tempted on the garden trolley, as i could just stop,, and rest.

Had a look at one today, but really not impressed with the steering joint, its just a pin , a washer and a thin bit of tube. defo the weaknes.

Used a builders barrow for years, but that can be hard work fully loaded.

U got that for £9?!? Wow!! Ha pretty clever!

The lady I bought it off was slightly gutted when I told her it was going to carry cider, red wine and camping stuff and not babies lol

Mine's a blue frame not chrome, but it's ace :)

Edited by oneeye

I'd love to take a big trolley like seen on here but we'd need to buy a new car / a van to fit it in. Meanwhile our trusting Festival Barrow has done us great through many fests since 2010. Sadly you can't get them any more so I feel bad about mentioning it on these threads!

I usually take a barrow to carry my stuff, (my back cant take the pain of lugging anymore)

Looking to get a garden trolley http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Large-Green-4-Wheeled-Garden-Trolley-With-Drop-Sides-REDUCED-/151621203253?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item234d53f535

$T2eC16dHJHYFFkRCeHm1BRtbQt4z4Q~~60_12.J

any one had experience with these.. what are they like to pull push between two,

.This will be shared between two of us, so tent and gear...

Got a hell of a walk from C to Dairy ground.

Welcome your comments.

Funk

We've got one of these, used it the last two festivals and it's been great. Depending how light you travel, you may need to carry a rucksack each as well for two of you.

Only got two warnings to give you. Firstly, It's been dry arriving and leaving when we've used it, and I remember people really struggling on the way in in 2011 when it was muddy.

Second, get yourself a small tool kit (socket set, pliers, and bike pump), to keep the nuts tight and tyres topped up.

Other than that, I'd not use anything else!

I'd love to take a big trolley like seen on here but we'd need to buy a new car / a van to fit it in. Meanwhile our trusting Festival Barrow has done us great through many fests since 2010. Sadly you can't get them any more so I feel bad about mentioning it on these threads!

Your not on about one of these are you?

http://www.wheelbarrows.co.uk/foldable-festival-canvas-wheelbarrow.html