Camplight Pre-Pitched Tents

Vanderlyle

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. Well I've booked almost solely on the basis of this recommendation.

To be honest I can't be arsed with arriving on Thursday afternoon and then spending a depressing 45 minutes trying to ask pissed-up groups of people whether they mind my sneaking in a tent to the side of their gazebo...

who the fuck could disagree with making your glastonbury experience more enjoyable?

if not for CampLight I might not've bothered getting a ticket, it makes all the difference not carrying a tent, sleeping bag, bed & chair all the way from scotland.

there's plenty of security there too

I'm considering this as I've managed to put my back out last week & with only 6 weeks to go I am very concerned I'm not going to be better in time (at present I can hardly walk so carrying loads of stuff on my back for miles might be an even tougher ask)... Can you book a 4 man if there's only 2 of you?

I'm considering this as I've managed to put my back out last week & with only 6 weeks to go I am very concerned I'm not going to be better in time (at present I can hardly walk so carrying loads of stuff on my back for miles might be an even tougher ask)... Can you book a 4 man if there's only 2 of you?

you can book a 12 man if you want, it'd be pretty expensive for 2 of you tho, probly about the price of a tangerine fields 2 man !!!!

I've booked one since this morning when this thread popped up and that 3 in stock hasn't changed so I'm thinking there might turn out to be a bug on their webpage or similar that is taking bookings when it shouldn't. Kinda dreading a cancellation mail now as I've convinced people we needed this. :fie:

We have booked with Camplight this year. We have coach tickets and arrive on the thurs too.

Taking all the hassle out of carrying a tent airbed etc is a massive plus for me as we are limited to how much we can take on the coach.

There are 3 of us and we have a 5 man tent. Cant wait now :)

I know lots of people disagree but I think if it means not worrying about there being space & you'll be in a central location, and you don't have to carry & pitch a tent, then why not! Enjoy ☺

I don't think that too many people object to the principle of pre-erected campsites as such in itself - there's plenty of valid reasons for them. And even if the reason isn't a good one, it's still a damn sight better than someone bringing an Aldi tent and leaving it trashed at the end of the weekend.

Camplight in particular do seem better than most - the fact they're inside the fence clearly means they have the Festivals blessing, and from what I understand they use recycled tents that others have dumped which is a definite plus. The only reason I can see for some people being upset because they've set up in one of the prime locations - a field that's already had space carved out of it at both ends for Staff Camping and the Tipis. If they were located in Darble, nobody would pass comment.

• 3 weeks later...

No problem with people using these things for actual camping but there are a couple of pisstakes on the site......storage tent http://www.camplight.co.uk/product/storage-tent/ they will pitch a tent next to yours to store stuff in alone......great that's a spot that could have been used by an actual person!.......guest spots http://www.camplight.co.uk/product/guest-pitch-2/ they say they will 'reserve' a patch of grass next to your camp light tent for your mate..........what do the company do? Stick their hired goons on to make sure no one camps there?....such things in the middle of the busiest campsite at the festival are just wrong.....if you want to pitch tents for bags and reserve space don't do it in pennards!

They have a seperate space in the field just for camplight, you cant camp in it without paying. You really need to lighten up

Edited by blackred

I didnt know that, if anything thats just as bad though....so basically they have an entire area of the busiest most popular campsite of the festival set aside for those willing to pay a bit more? so thats sort of like worthy view but taking space that could be used for other people in the general camping areas? pay to get a spot in pennards basically........laughable/

Yeah, pretty terrible that the festival has to do business, compensate volunteers, appease the locals who could prevent them getting a licence. Should just be a big free party right?

Camplight recycle tents from festivals so fit the ethos of the place pretty well, I believe this is the main reason they are allowed within the fence. They are providing an affordable alternative to glamping that is premised on reusing peoples trash. Absolutely outrageous, I suģgest we raise it to the ground so I can camp there instead!