pauladam

Glastocam!

5 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

The Ribbon Tower has been dismantled. IMG_-o4c2zu.jpg.5a501628022fce52906c7d6144b075b0.jpg

That or its suddenly got really short!

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, pauladam said:

That or its suddenly got really short!

Maybe they just lower it into the ground.

• Upvote 1

yeah, really pissing it down there now. The site looks so well recovered already though this year. I cant remember ever seeing it get back to shape so quickly as it has done so this year. Miss it.... :(

Seeing it look so normal so quickly makes it feel like they should really do it all over again at the end of summer.

• Upvote 1

It only looks normal in camera shot. The area around red gate is crammed with fence and stuff waiting out load. There is also quite a lot of fence still up at the common end. Still a couple of weeks to clear the site. 

23 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Looks like the ground has recovered.  Time for a cheeky extra festival in August?

looking at it now, if you didn't know you wouldn't know a festival had been held. well apart the pyramid 

On 7/21/2017 at 10:45 AM, Losing my hair said:

Cows on the webcam.

Screenshot (6).png

way better song than Smoke on the water

• Upvote 1

On 05/07/2017 at 0:46 PM, incident said:

They never got permanent planning permission. At some point the permission to stay up year round got incorporated into the Event licence, and on that basis they've currently got permission to keep it up until the end of 2024.

The council did protest about the lack of year round permission in the late 00's, and it was taken down at least a couple times around then because of that.

Michael pointed out it cost a lot of money to dismantle and re-construct each year (£35000 is a figure that springs to mind) so as you pointed out, it was incorporated into the licence terms. 

On 05/07/2017 at 0:45 PM, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I'd love to see what they'd do with a new one, obviously they'd have to keep the iconic pyramid shape, I did think that Sheeran's three screens looked a little odd on the current pyramid, so maybe they'd make it more of a multi purpose type of thing with more flexibility if they did redesign it.

It could maybe have a dual use as a cowshed ;)

Edited by Ommadawn

On 06/07/2017 at 2:56 PM, Dukeicon said:

Does anyone know what/whos bus this is?

MMP4mqe.png

I popped into the farm today to find out. I dont think it's moving anywhere in a hurry.

received_10155533883006532.jpeg

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

I popped into the farm today to find out. I dont think it's moving anywhere in a hurry.

I'm almost disappointed to find out it's not a cardboard cutout.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

maybe its part of the 2019 headliner announcement :)

Popped to the site today (via Mary's Gate) for the briefest of looks after a meal in Glastonbury town. 

Very peaceful, with still quite a bit of festival stuff knocking around, with only one tractor rolling as a sign of life (who smiled and waved as the guys always do). 

Very wet underfoot (echoes of 2016!!!)...

IMG_2695.PNG

IMG_2696.PNG

IMG_2697.PNG

IMG_2698.PNG

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, GlastoEls said:

Popped to the site today (via Mary's Gate) for the briefest of looks after a meal in Glastonbury town. 

Very peaceful, with still quite a bit of festival stuff knocking around, with only one tractor rolling as a sign of life (who smiled and waved as the guys always do). 

Very wet underfoot (echoes of 2016!!!)...

IMG_2695.PNG

IMG_2696.PNG

IMG_2697.PNG

IMG_2698.PNG

Couldn't just see if you can find my bin in that lot could you, for one more look. :lol:

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

Couldn't just see if you can find my bin in that lot could you, for one more look. :lol:

Miss my bin too! Know it is in the heap somewhere. Wish I could have taken it home!!!!

3 hours ago, Dillyblue said:

Miss my bin too! Know it is in the heap somewhere. Wish I could have taken it home!!!!

What did you have on the bin this year @Dillyblue?

3 hours ago, slash's hat said:

Ha, I wish - pile is ludicrous - so big!

Looks like the pyramid skin is about to come off :( 

I have a strange relationship with this webcam lol, depending on the time of year I look at in either hope, excitement, or a kind of wistful mild sorrow.

• Upvote 1

On 22/07/2017 at 9:06 PM, fatyeti24 said:

Thanks for that! :)