Glastocam!

pauladam

3 minutes ago, dartmoordog said:

There's been talk that this is a whole new area in the Saxon Market being done by Cloud9 productions. A rave event organiser from Bristol

Thought it might be, thanks for the clarification. Nice to see it all happening!

I'm seriously impressed by how quickly they build the entire site. This time last week there was barely anything up. 

Honestly it takes my mum longer to prepare for feeding 12 at Christmas. Bet Michael isn't running round shouting at Emily that the skirting boards are a mess either...

3 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

What like all the food stalls and shops?

The food stalls and shops generally go in one or two days before gates open.

Presumably because they're all profit making commercial entities, it doesn't make much sense for them to be set up for a week not generating any cash.

26 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

So what's left?  I can only think of:

• Finishing Other
  • PA + screens 
  • Blues + Rumshack in Shangri-La
  • FLAGS

I'm sure I've missed a few other things.

Rabbithole?  looks like the canvas is laid out as we speak...

14 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Well, there are those :)  But I meant the site build - the traders just turn up and go.

Thats when the really interesting stuff starts!  The site build must be easy compared with the logistics of running the actual festival.  

Supplying all those traders with the food they sell, getting rid of the waste, making sure the water works and doesn't make people ill, the electricity doesn't cut, the generators have enough fuel, and a thousand other things I can't even imagine to keep a party for almost 200,000 people going for nearly a week!

It's mind boggling when you think about it. 

30 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

When does the cider bus turn up? That's when i'll be massively excited. I will spend a fair amount of time there.

That reminds me. Remember seeing it broke down on side of the road on route about this time last year. 

3 minutes ago, elbongo said:

That reminds me. Remember seeing it broke down on side of the road on route about this time last year. 

I thought it was last year but found this:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/festivals/glastonbury-2015-iconic-somerset-cider-bus-sparks-huge-concern-after-breaking-down-10341413.html

Maybe it breaks down every year?

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

So what's left?  I can only think of:

• Finishing Other
  • PA + screens 
  • Blues + Rumshack in Shangri-La
  • FLAGS

I'm sure I've missed a few other things.

BBC Introducing Stage?  The Gully?

Unless I'm missing them on the webcam, I'm using a phone to view it.

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

No. Your probably correct. All years kinda merge into one when Glastonbury is concerened. I've lost bets on when I thought things happened. Wonder why that is....