Glastocam!

pauladam

I stayed in (the non-family bit of) Wicket Ground and I'm pleased to say that the vast majority of people took their stuff home.  Even the group of party animals next door that kept us awake most nights took all their stuff and just left a neat pile of bin bags (that'll teach us to judge books by their covers!).

Although it'll never be perfect, and there are still some campsites that are worse than others, I think the amount of rubbish left behind this year was much less than last year.  I think it has a lot to do with everything being covered in stinking mud last year. 

Edited by Fork_UK

6 hours ago, edwardjc14 said:

very strange watching it now, looks eerie, is anyone on here still there?

yes - all year :lol:

just followed into Pilton: 

1 Arcadia crew going back on site.

2 large artist airstreams going towards the motorway and

3 artics with shower blocks on the back - one had stopped on a narrow bit in Glastonbury to restrap the blocks !

21 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Felt better today reading Michael's comments about it, he manages not to get annoyed so I'm trying not to as well, but it's bloody hard.

Today we went looking at sofas for our place, particularly lovely Chesterfields. The guy who makes them said a firm that runs either a backstage VIP or some offsite thing bought 11 of them for the festival, after which they just chucked them. 

They did the same last year too, but this year they increased their order. 

1 hour ago, fatyeti24 said:

Today we went looking at sofas for our place, particularly lovely Chesterfields. The guy who makes them said a firm that runs either a backstage VIP or some offsite thing bought 11 of them for the festival, after which they just chucked them. 

They did the same last year too, but this year they increased their order. 

That's just too disgusting for words. The waste makes you feel sick 

I must be in the minority in that I love watching the site being built but also dismantled. Glastonbury Festival is a truly magnificent creation, but it doesn't belong there beyond the five days it exists. To watch the land return to the farm is beautiful thing.

• Upvote 3

I can't wait to get back on my running track! The security at the top of Worthy Lane said he had one more week. Hopefully then we can get back on the farm. I need the fence to go from the SE corner so I can get onto the railway track, then up across the stone circle and Park , down passed Steanbow. Can't wait

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

we'll probably not be able to tell the festival even happened in a couple of weeks

Oh, it happened! I can tell you that, it wasn't all a dream :)

5 minutes ago, Yorkshire Chomper said:

I remember few years ago on the fallow year there were crops growing possibly backstage area or other stage field.    Also do they ever dismantle the pyramid frame?

not in recent years and I'm unsure about last fallow year, but I do wonder if they will do this time round - or at least get it checked over structurally (Yes...I know, I don't doubt that its checked every year, but I mean a proper thorough check over)

On 7/1/2017 at 3:47 PM, deebeedoobee said:

I can't wait to get back on my running track! The security at the top of Worthy Lane said he had one more week. Hopefully then we can get back on the farm. I need the fence to go from the SE corner so I can get onto the railway track, then up across the stone circle and Park , down passed Steanbow. Can't wait

Could there be a better way to alleviate the glasto blues than this?!

Certainly puts my lunchtime run around a smog filled west london to shame!

38 minutes ago, Yorkshire Chomper said:

I remember few years ago on the fallow year there were crops growing possibly backstage area or other stage field.    Also do they ever dismantle the pyramid frame?

as far as i'm aware, they never have done.  it was built to be a temporary structure, but they got planning permision a few years ago to leave it in situ.