Glastocam!

pauladam

1 hour ago, Tommy101 said:

Camplight is made of tents left behind at previous festivals so isn't uniform at all. I'm pretty sure all of those on Pennards will be them.

So do camplight actually put the tents up for you in the field you want? This could be a much better solution than hiking in early trying to get a good spot. 

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

So do camplight actually put the tents up for you in the field you want? This could be a much better solution than hiking in early trying to get a good spot. 

It's just Pennards, I think.  I was looking on my phone when I first mentioned them, as I only saw the big block of tents, not the others scattered about (e.g. Oxylers)

12 hours ago, Over40_MidLifeCrisis said:

haha Chicken Katsu Curry i  believe, were in similar if not same positions last year.. I'd rather walk to the other side of the pyramid field and have a yorky filled with mash/sausage and gravy:)

That mash and gravy. 

7 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's just Pennards, I think.  I was looking on my phone when I first mentioned them, as I only saw the big block of tents, not the others scattered about (e.g. Oxylers)

5 minutes ago, Mickball said:

No, just in that section of Pennards.

It is just in Pennards but it is where a lot of people consider prime real estate. Easy access to Park and Other, shortish walk back from SL/Arcadia

1 minute ago, Tommy101 said:

It is just in Pennards but it is where a lot of people consider prime real estate. Easy access to Park and Other, shortish walk back from SL/Arcadia

Location wise I can see the appeal but I'd rather camp somewhere with a bit more room outside my tent. 

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

Location wise I can see the appeal but I'd rather camp somewhere with a bit more room outside my tent. 

Yeah I understand that. We are aiming for Pennards again this year but wouldn't surprise me if, as a group, we opt for somewhere less hectic after the fallow year. 

Did consider Camplight for convenience this year but I'm training for a 5 day trek in September (not a very me thing to do) so I'm in better shape than I normally am and the struggle will be good training at the very least! It seems reasonable value and would mean that making a crazy early start on Weds to get a decent spot would be unnecessary. I still might do it in the future, then leave when we wake up just to get that last full night of sleep but still be in with plenty of time for the evening.

2 hours ago, waterfalls212434 said:

yeah pennards and oxylers pretty much sound like my ideal of hell, packed in like sardines, no breathing room, least chilled out place in the fest....no thanks, dont get the appeal at all.

The appeal is the location. Tents become somewhere to crash and that's about it. I don't want to chill at my tent, but even though it's busy, I've always found it a pretty relaxed vibe. 

Out of curiosity, where do you prefer? 

7 minutes ago, kalifire said:

The appeal is the location. Tents become somewhere to crash and that's about it. I don't want to chill at my tent, but even though it's busy, I've always found it a pretty relaxed vibe. 

Out of curiosity, where do you prefer? 

I concur, it gets packed but still able to sit in a circle and have the first beer of the day then it's location is suitable for a shorter walk on the way back from most late night venues.

Did we ever figure out why they have moved the fence further up the field at the park and to the right? That area is surely too steep to camp on?

1 hour ago, watsonjm said:

lol sorry the one that's on the pyramid field? Starting behind the sound desk and heading towards the back of the field 

Its just so the cranes/trucks that are putting up the screens/speakers/sound desks dont damage the ground.