Glastocam!

pauladam

43 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Does anyone know what those three white tents next to the Pyramid are for? I've always wondered. I suspect they're for artists and their entourage before they go on stage, but I'd be interested to find out.

Yeah from the sounds of that video form the chap who did thee Coldplay projections in 2011 they are the backstage area for artists and crew.

24 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

Can someone please give me the link again for the high res webcam please, please, please :D

I seem to have closed the tab and cleared all the caches..

Thank you thank you thank you :bow:

Is that the one on page one of this thread ? 

4 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

No Mr Fool,  I have that one but thank you :)

It was much, much, much better than that, you can zoom in further :)

you can't tell me that now ... all this time wasted ... now I'm going to be on the search for Michael and Emily where previously I've been looking for tractors and lorries !!

5 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Don't you just wish that you could smell that cut grass.

Screenshot (22).png

Not particularly, as it'd totally fuck with my allergies at this time of year. I was raised in rural Cornwall and I have fucking hayfever. Sigh.

• Upvote 1

It's weird. The roof needs to go up a little bit more still as well, and somebody mentioned the cover probably hasn't been put on due to wind but all the other stages have their covers and have done for weeks. Plus they've still got to kit it out with all the lighting stuff etc. Still plenty of time of course, just weird its sat idle for weeks with the roof not quite at the top.

5 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

It's weird. The roof needs to go up a little bit more still as well, and somebody mentioned the cover probably hasn't been put on due to wind but all the other stages have their covers and have done for weeks. Plus they've still got to kit it out with all the lighting stuff etc. Still plenty of time of course, just weird its sat idle for weeks with the roof not quite at the top.

Could it be that parts of the Other Stage are currently still used at other festivals? I understood that lots of tents & stages are multi-used. 

16 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Could it be that this 'new' other stage is an open sided stage - something like the one used at coachella? 

IMG_1606.JPG

24 minutes ago, mario man said:

Could it be that this 'new' other stage is an open sided stage - something like the one used at coachella? 

Coachella is a vastly different climate to Glastonbury, there's no way a stage like that is practical here. All you need is a bit of drizzle and a stiff westerly breeze and you will end up with a whole load of soaked equipment.