Glastocam!

pauladam

42 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

A quick question for everyone talking about the dry weather meaning we're going to get loads of "saved up" rain.  You are joking, right?  Or do you really not understand statistics?

IMG_1246.JPG

• Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I think seeing the Other Stage build up is my favourite part.

Even more so than the walkway lights being switched on?

I must admit it's such a beautiful site when the sun is setting over the tor in the backdrop and those bastards get their first twinkling.

Other highlights include:

urinals going up in the pyramid field

ciderbus kicking up dust as it hurtles up the track behind the pryamid stage

the arrival of the traders

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

Even more so than the walkway lights being switched on?

I must admit it's such a beautiful site when the sun is setting over the tor in the backdrop and those bastards get their first twinkling.

Other highlights include:

urinals going up in the pyramid field

ciderbus kicking up dust as it hurtles up the track behind the pryamid stage

the arrival of the traders

Oh yeah.

The other really dramatic part to watch is seeing the campers turn up.  Which either fills me with sadness or pitch-stress depending on whether I'm going that year.

33 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

The urinals are out on the railway line opposite glade

Ooooh - I use those ones a lot! A handy pit stop on a Park/Tent to West Holts run, etc.

Why is the mental image of manky blue-tarp enshrouded men's lav making me feel so elated?!

Mental.

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

8 minutes ago, broken monkey said:

Super nerdy post alert!

Interesting to compare the fence line this year to last year for behind The Park. Looks like they're installing the fence higher up the hill this year. Think this field is crew camping though

2016.jpg

2017.jpg

Flagtopia just keeps getting bigger!

8 minutes ago, broken monkey said:

Super nerdy post alert!

Interesting to compare the fence line this year to last year for behind The Park. Looks like they're installing the fence higher up the hill this year. Think this field is crew camping though

2016.jpg

2017.jpg

Good work - I did think it looked different somehow!

18 minutes ago, broken monkey said:

Super nerdy post alert!

2016.jpg

2017.jpg

Teach me how to check the image on dates in the past please!!

Yes I'm a nerd too.

So that extra space by the park is to offset the space lost in crew camping in dairy(?) that in turn is to offset the space lost to the cinemageddon? 

Or is it something more? 

It does look like the fence is going to be right back up against the trees all the way across as well, which is a bit further back than last years pics

19 minutes ago, broken monkey said:

Super nerdy post alert!

2016.jpg

2017.jpg

Nice one for that, I did think the fence was going higher up the hill this year.

20 minutes ago, broken monkey said:

Super nerdy post alert!

2016.jpg

2017.jpg

If that new extension to the fence is crew camping does this mean they're also employing Sherpas? Thats some serious gradient to be putting tents on.

3 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Teach me how to check the image on dates in the past please!!

Yes I'm a nerd too.

Change the below to the date you want. Camera usually updates every 10 mins, so if there is nothing at 12:05 then you should have something at 12:00.

https://panodata1.panomax.com/cams/879/YYYY/MM/DD/hh-mm-ss_default.jpg