Glastocam!

pauladam

4 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I'm "working" from home today. Got the glastocam up on my spare monitor. Does it auto refresh or will I have to manually do it. I know it's not a live video image that you can watch people walk around 

recent_full.jpg

if you're talking about this link then yeah manually refresh (every ten mins)

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

I'm "working" from home today. Got the glastocam up on my spare monitor. Does it auto refresh or will I have to manually do it. I know it's not a live video image that you can watch people walk around 

it doesn't autorefresh, so I knocked up a bit of code that would auto refresh for me and put it here:

http://tortil.la/gcam/gcam.html

it refreshes every six minutes, so should catch each change.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, paulshane said:

it doesn't autorefresh, so I knocked up a bit of code that would auto refresh for me and put it here:

http://tortil.la/gcam/gcam.html

it refreshes every six minutes, so should catch each change.

Nice bit of code, you wouldn't happen to know if there's anyway of getting it as a webpage image on a desktop background which updates itself?

12 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Nice bit of code, you wouldn't happen to know if there's anyway of getting it as a webpage image on a desktop background which updates itself?

Im not at home at the moment but i found a thread on Reddit that allowed you to do this with the live ISS HD feed, sure it could be modified in some way

I'll share the link later if I can find it

SharpeOfSharpe just lives nearby, he doesn't work there. He has said he doesn't think it'll be too long until he can no longer get access.

You should also have a look at this account, she is one if Michael's neighbours and lastyear was posting right up until the day before the gates opened...

https://twitter.com/CNicholson321?s=09

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

Had to lurk to see the lay of the land, check you weren't all meanies that called everyone a c*nt if they asked a question...when I realised you weren't infact like that group on the facebooks  (who I've now deleted because they're just so mean) I stopped lurking now you just can't shut me up :)

Welcome and I challenge you to 500 posts before the festy ;)

1 minute ago, naughtygeorgie said:

Thank you & challenge accepted

Shouldn't be too hard...this one I'm now writing is my 400th since late last year...I've upped my chatter game of late so easy get another 100 in 42 days :D

Good hustle keep it up :D

50 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I have done this, but it was a slight pain in the arse.

I am using the application, SeqDownload v1.26 (Automatically download images from the Web, and create animation from them), to run in the back ground and auto download the image every 20 seconds 
The application is set to keep saving the image to the same 2 file names, "recent_full1.jpg" and "recent_full2.jpg" in the folder: C:\Glasto webcam. Every time it saves the file, it overwrites the oldest image.

This downloads the images, but they are very widescreen so dont display on my laptop screen desktop well!

So I installed the program, https://www.imagemagick.org/script/index.php

This can edit and crop images from command line (DOS window). 

So I wrote the commands into a batch file and have the task scheduler call the batch file every 5 mins.

What this does it takes the original files Eg "recent_full1.jpg", and re seizes it and creates a new file "1.jpg"

"cd C:\Glasto webcam
magick recent_full1.jpg -crop 3640x2048+900+0 -resize 1920x1080 1.jpg

magick recent_full2.jpg -crop 3640x2048+900+0 -resize 1920x1080 2.jpg"

This will create 2 new images, which are then cropped around the pyramid stage. 

The "3640x2048+900+0" sets the Crop mask.

3640 wide, 2048 high.

The 900 means the mask starts 900 pixles to the right from the TOP LEFT of the image.

The 0 means, the mask starts 0 pixles down from the TOP LEFT of the image.

I then select both images (1.jpg and 2.jpg) to act as a slideshow as my desktop background. 

One issue I have is that every time the batch file is called, a command line window opens, runs and closes. Which is a pain!

Enjoy.

Mike

Staying in Pilton this weekend for a wedding nearby and fancied taking a stroll down to the farm to blow away the cobwebs on Sunday morning. We are walking distance from Worthy so wouldn't be taking the car but I would imagine that this weekend may well be the last before they close access to the general public, at least I hope it is. Do I need to contact the office to say we were thinking of walking down to have quick look or are we free to enter as long we stick to footpaths, etc. 

46 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

Had to lurk to see the lay of the land, check you weren't all meanies that called everyone a c*nt if they asked a question...when I realised you weren't infact like that group on the facebooks  (who I've now deleted because they're just so mean) I stopped lurking now you just can't shut me up :)

we are not that bad are we?

5 hours ago, Harmonic Prospector said:

Staying in Pilton this weekend for a wedding nearby and fancied taking a stroll down to the farm to blow away the cobwebs on Sunday morning. We are walking distance from Worthy so wouldn't be taking the car but I would imagine that this weekend may well be the last before they close access to the general public, at least I hope it is. Do I need to contact the office to say we were thinking of walking down to have quick look or are we free to enter as long we stick to footpaths, etc. 

I was debating visiting today actually as I had a meeting fairly close (within 30 miles - I was willing to be diverted!) to the site. So I emailed the office yesterday to check if ok to visit. 

They emailed back pretty quick, and said that they are asking people not to visit the site now, however if you are in the area then stick to the surrounding public footpaths.

I've not been before out of festival time and when I do go I would like to have as much freedom as possible to wander the fields, therefore as I was having to travel a bit out of my way I decided against it. However if you're staying in the area I'm sure you could wander down just to check things out. If it's a weekend there's likely to be less going on as well.