Glastocam!

pauladam

14 minutes ago, jackarmy said:

Might have been mentioned before, anyone know what that structure is to the left of the treehouse bar in The Park? Can't figure it out, looks like some sort of arch.

In previous years this has been the location of the BBC studio. I would guess the same, they normally have a raised platform to get the views across the site.

3 hours ago, Dukeicon said:

Going by the map above, the aerial from Google Maps, I think it's the field marked in red. The yellow is the big triangular bush (oooh matron!) and the green is the low hedge from backstage park.

7friTYW.jpg

fxrKN6Q.png

88qwdii.jpg

I can barely turn a computer on and you can do this! Great work. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

There's definitely something going on in The Park...behind where the sign is, a very green mowed bit & some black things..

Keep looking for a start on the fence but can't see anything yet

Looks like where the Park stage is? could it be going up early?

13 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

They'll have the whole site built before the fence goes up at this rate :D

Definitely a lot more done this year than last.  I can't see them putting the fence up any earlier as I assume they hire that in and it would be additional cost.  First signs of any fencing works was 8th May last year, straight above the Glastonbury sign.

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

What does the fence do for the rest of the year then ? is it used for other festivals ? or just kept in Storage ? keep your grubby hands off our fence Trump !!

I noticed once on parts of the fence it had old Reading festival stickers on, although this was within the car park so not the actual 'super fence' though, but it's highly likely to be used for other events throughout the year.

20 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Definitely a lot more done this year than last.  I can't see them putting the fence up any earlier as I assume they hire that in and it would be additional cost.  First signs of any fencing works was 8th May last year, straight above the Glastonbury sign.

I would say that some bits are nore advanced but some not. Ran through the site on Monday and all was relatively quiet. They have normally started West Holts stage before now but not this year. The intent given at the last meeting was always to get on with it from this week, that is usual. Permaculture have been working for a few weeks and Pyramid is skinned.  Long drops are going up around site but it will accelerate from this week.

Fence will start around south east area soon. No sign of that yet but will check later.

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

What does the fence do for the rest of the year then ? is it used for other festivals ? or just kept in Storage ? keep your grubby hands off our fence Trump !!

Mr SuperFence has got a very busy schedule for the rest of the year, touring around doing security at a number of festivals, and you know, fencing here and fencing there. He's a staple at all the swordfighting festivals, of course, and you can always rely on him for a few dodgy videos and other assorted 'back of the lorry' goods. He's got a soft spot for Glastonbury, naturally, but this will be filled in (with used Twix wrappers) before the festival starts and people might take advantage of it to crawl under.

I didn't want you lot spotting me on my run around the farm!

No seriously, just got back in from my evening run and nothing new is going on. The Park stage has a floor and the 'arris fencing is building up inside a 'arris fence compound. There are about 6 or so containers, being used as offices etc and a few security hanging around with radios.

41 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

I didn't want you lot spotting me on my run around the farm!

No seriously, just got back in from my evening run and nothing new is going on. The Park stage has a floor and the 'arris fencing is building up inside a 'arris fence compound. There are about 6 or so containers, being used as offices etc and a few security hanging around with radios.

Heras fencing innit, Dee, me ol' china. ;-)