Glastocam!

pauladam

2 minutes ago, JamesBrew said:

Seems to be a lot of tents left?

Yep, ridiculous if you ask me given the plea everyone makes when buying tickets, and the constant reminder throughout to take your tent home and leave no trace.

I couldn't believe how many were left this year, despite all the requests in the run up and during the festival.

I had a walk through the field where we camped this morning (Michaels Mead) and I reckon of the tents that were left (a lot) three quarters were empty and had been left. And when I say empty, I mean empty of people, lots of them had a huge amount of crap left in them.

What I also couldn't believe was the amount of camping chairs left in the Pyramid field last night after Coldplay. We walked through about 1am and there were chairs everywhere and in some cases circles of 6 or so chairs where the whole group of people had left them! There was even a couple of fold up camping tables that had been left behind, in perfect condition! Can't understand it.

It's the wasteful society we live in unfortunately as the stuff is so cheap. If tents were £1000 there wouldn't be any left behind. Unfortunately a higher percentage of people who attend don't give two shits about the farm and the mess they create. I can honestly say I didn't leave a single piece of rubbish and even cleared up rubbish that other people left around my tent. 

Edited by Dave_c

I am one of those who did leave things there, but in the designated bin areas. Leave my airbed every year as thats a ballache to carry back. - For future reference: Is there anywhere better I could have put them so they get put to use or anything?

Drives me mad when I see all the rubbish littered all around the site, though. Hardly the most difficult thing to put it in the bins.

• 3 months later...