Glastocam!

pauladam

19 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Is that Pyramid skeleton a permanent fixture?

Not quite.

Mostly it doesn't get taken down, but it can be taken down. It was designed as a moveable structure.

It definitely got taken down over one of the fallow years (probably the last one, tho I can't remember) at the insistence of the council, as it doesn't have planning permission.

The old pyramid stage which burnt down in the late 90s was part-cowshed (underneath), and so classed as a a farm building which didn't need planning permission.

19 hours ago, stuwilky said:

I wish I could see what they are doing!  Anyone close enough to move the camera down by half an inch ;-) 

When the new (current) camera went up last year it actually had a much wider pan to the left and right...and up and down! - But I assume for privacy reasons (you could see peoples houses!) they had to restrict its field of vision.

When it was "open" you could see soooo much more goings on...(see the first few pages of this thread)

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Not quite.

Mostly it doesn't get taken down, but it can be taken down. It was designed as a moveable structure.

It definitely got taken down over one of the fallow years (probably the last one, tho I can't remember) at the insistence of the council, as it doesn't have planning permission.

The old pyramid stage which burnt down in the late 90s was part-cowshed (underneath), and so classed as a a farm building which didn't need planning permission.

I thought it did get planning permission to stay there permanently in the license renewal after 2010 and it's been up ever since.  But before that it was taken down every year.

Memory is a fickle thing, time to get my Google on...

Love it, will keep a keen eye on that in the coming weeks. Kinda surprised there aren't more permanent fixtures on the land, hell of a job to lay it all out the same again year after year. Well, mostly the same.. Course there's stuff like the Stone Circle, the Strummer memorial and Bella's bridge that'll always be there, I just wonder about other bits and bobs. Like, between the Greenfields and the Railway Track there were a few wooden huts in trees with a bit of information about renewable energy etc, wonder if they're there now.

1 minute ago, midlifecrisis said:

Activity round the Pyramid stage!

LOL! scrap that, they've all moved on! :-)

There has been movement on and off all day around the long drops (the ones just next to the Pylon, or just to your right as you fall out of the Beat Hotel ;-) )

There looks to be a forklife truck type thing hiding behind the pyramid too.

Quiet day here ;-) 

7 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I thought it did get planning permission to stay there permanently in the license renewal after 2010 and it's been up ever since.  But before that it was taken down every year.

From my memory the frame did get planning as it was a waste of paperpushing, not only for GlastonburyFestival Ltd, but Mendip District Council. 

2 hours ago, midlifecrisis said:

Activity round the Pyramid stage!

LOL! scrap that, they've all moved on! :-)

As well as normal farm activity (muck spreading & grass raking), there was minor bits of festival activity happening all around the site on Wednesday. Drainage work in the main market area (first photo) & gravel laying track repairs where you enter the market from the left hand side of the pyramid field (second photo). There's also remedial work occurring on many of the long drops

As intimated by Emily, there's some work happening in the copse near where John Peel is being relocated. I won't post any in that area as I think people will want to discover it for themselves.

The third photo will be the drag from the pyramid to the (old) Peel field. Beat Hotel would be on the right.

SAM_0575_01.jpg

SAM_0570_01.jpg

SAM_0551_01.jpg

8 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

you could be right, it might be further back than the last fallow year I'm thinking of.

15 hours ago, eFestivals said:

you could be right, it might be further back than the last fallow year I'm thinking of.

I think it was down in between festivals for a while, not even on fallow years. Can't remember 2012, they might have taken it down then anyway. Must be a webcam archive/ youtube video somewhere.

On 22/04/2016 at 9:05 AM, stuartbert two hats said:

Yeah that's broadly how I remember it - I'm a bit hazy on exactly which years it was taken down, but I think I've got the guts of the story correct.

It went up for the 2000 Festival, and for the next few years was left up between Festivals. Think it was even still up for the 2001 fallow year.

Sometime in the mid to late 2000s, one of the locals kicked up a fuss about a lack of planning permission, and that led to it being taken down every year for a while.

Since the Festival switched to multi-year licences (a 6 year licence starting in 2010, which was then superseded by a 10 year one starting in 2014), the frame being left up has been covered by that and so it's not been taken down since.