Best Campsite

Hello,

I know other people have asked this question but it didn't seem to bring a great response so I was hoping for answers a little clearer.

it'll be our first time going to isle of Wight festival so the setting will all be new. Looking to find out the best place to camp so we don't accidentally set up 5 mile away from the arena in a family section.

Ideally something somewhere midway towards the arena with a bit of life - if there's anywhere that idiots are known for staying that would be fine, I'm sure we'd fit right in - Are the different campsites sectioned off into different colours like they are at Leeds Festival or it set out differently?

Any help would be appreciated and comments such as ' you should just try another festival ' neither help nor make sense

Many thanks in advance

Thanks for getting back in touch,

So to your knowledge your just allocated a campsite depending on when you turn up? not like other festivals when you go through to gate and find a plot yourself?

Could anyone else confirm whether that's correct or not?

Thank you

We used to get there first thing on Thursday, queue up to get in, and try and camp in the closest campsites to the arena (the furthest ones from the gate). That being said, if you plan on making a trip or two out to Newport, you might be better camping nearer where you get let in. From when I last went, it was White camping nearest the arena (althoigh previously there was green which was closer), red is nearest entrance from outside world to campsite, and purple is so fucking far away you might as well camp on the mainland

Thanks all for your help

From what I can gather its just going to be a case of working it out when we get there, if they keep changing the colours of the campsites and what not we'll just have to walk until it feels right.

Anyone who's been to isle of Wight and Leeds, how does it compare for size?

Thanks all for your help

From what I can gather its just going to be a case of working it out when we get there, if they keep changing the colours of the campsites and what not we'll just have to walk until it feels right.

Anyone who's been to isle of Wight and Leeds, how does it compare for size?

Never been to leeds, but it's something like 2.5 miles long from furthest campsite to front of main stage. Arena entrance is about halfway along that