Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Queen Bey eats a vegan diet, what the fuck is she playing at wearing animals? Outside of her amazing music, I do think the woman is probably an arsehole. Pop stars though, what else is new?

she probably isn't a vegan, as everything about her seems to be completely PR-managed contradictory bullshit.

4 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Queen Bey eats a vegan diet, what the fuck is she playing at wearing animals? Outside of her amazing music, I do think the woman is probably an arsehole. Pop stars though, what else is new?

I think she played vegan for a while as a diet phase after she had her kid, don't think it lasted tbh...As get the impression she was viewing it as a fad rather than understanding the real reasons people make this choice as way of living

Edited by shoptildrop

5 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

I think she played vegan for a while as a diet phase after she had her kid, don't think it lasted tbh...As get the impression she was viewing it as a fad rather than understanding the real reasons people make this choice as way of living

Set Mozza on her. A vegan who wears fur. He would make mince meat out of her :-)

20 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

So it's ok to eat meat now? Make your bloody mind up.

No, but wars can only be won one battle at a time. 

It's much easier to get support against exotic fur farms than against the meat industry (apart from some lunatics in this thread it seems).

Obviously both fur wearers and meat eaters are abhorrent.

Edited by russycarps

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

No, but wars can only be won one battle at a time. 

It's much easier to get support against exotic fur farms than against the meat industry (apart from some lunatics in this thread it seems).

Obviously both fur wearers and meat eaters are abhorrent.

Is Jess Ennis veggie?

You have to question the morals of anybody who would fabricate a story that their husband has been cheating - put this into song lyrics on a new album, thus creating a media storm - solely for the purpose of promotion for her new album ... that is only available via a business that is owned by her and her said husband!

18 minutes ago, st dan said:

You have to question the morals of anybody who would fabricate a story that their husband has been cheating - put this into song lyrics on a new album, thus creating a media storm - solely for the purpose of promotion for her new album ... that is only available via a business that is owned by her and her said husband!  

Why do you assume it's fabricated? Why wouldn't she use her own work to promote the service she has a stake in?  It's such a massive stretch to believe that she's made up the cheating story, what is your motive for so badly wanting to believe that?

3 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Why do you assume it's fabricated? Why wouldn't she use her own work to promote the service she has a stake in?  It's such a massive stretch to believe that she's made up the cheating story, what is your motive for so badly wanting to believe that?

Hasn't it come out that it wasn't true? Sure I read that it has .. And she dedicated a song to him the other night - not really the acts of a woman who's just been cheated on. 

It makes sense from the whole promoting the album viewpoint. But both her and Mr Z are huge megastars with mega fans who (quite stupidly) have been outraged by this. I read that Rita Ora has been abused on Twitter by some of these as people have somehow come to the conclusion she was involved. 

I don't know or care what's gone on, but you have to be cynical when it comes to the megastars in this day and age. They will do anything for success, fame and fortune. So lying about adultery to sell more albums is a more than plausible scenario in my opinion. 

no, it has been reported that both of them worked on the theme of it. some media seem to have now decided that this means that the whole thing has been fabricated.

Jay-Z cheating on her over the years (with Rachel Roy amongst others) is pretty well-documented in the gossip rags. it seems that this is the first time most people have bothered to actually pay attention to it.

e: not that i'm saying the whole thing isn't a blatant publicity stunt from Beyonce, who is the queen of cynically manipulating her media image to boost sales.

Edited by ghostdancer1

Unprecedented in my time on this forum that there's been negligible discussion about any of the headliners this close to the fest. That's not an efests thing is it? I'm not on Facebook or any other forum. Does anyone give a shit? 

;)

4 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Unprecedented in my time on this forum that there's been negligible discussion about any of the headliners this close to the fest. That's not an efests thing is it? I'm not on Facebook or any other forum. Does anyone give a shit? 

;)

I think it's just that there's nothing left to say.

We've known that Muse/Adele/Coldplay were the most likely combination since, what, November? Even down to knowing which days they were each likely to play. This time last year we'd not even got our 3rd headliner, or even a strong idea of who it might be.

3 minutes ago, incident said:

I think it's just that there's nothing left to say.

We've known that Muse/Adele/Coldplay were the most likely combination since, what, November? Even down to knowing which days they were each likely to play. This time last year we'd not even got our 3rd headliner, or even a strong idea of who it might be.

There's loads to talk about remember the Hot Chip thread last year? And the Arcade Fire thread the year before, that still talked excitedly about their music 6 months after the festival. Even the Elbow excitement thread had more of a buzz about it than the Coldplay, Muse or Adele threads this time.

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

There's loads to talk about remember the Hot Chip thread last year? And the Arcade Fire thread the year before, that still talked excitedly about their music 6 months after the festival. Even the Elbow excitement thread had more of a buzz about it than the Coldplay, Muse or Adele threads this time.

Agreed mate. Least amount of interest (even negatively!) in the top of the bill on here since I've been reading the forum.

9 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Nah, man. We must come up with something that allows us to dismiss her.  Her husband wears shoes from an elephant fur farm, FFS.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Nah, man. We must come up with something that allows us to dismiss her.  Her husband wears shoes from an elephant fur farm, FFS.

She even talks about wearing a human's skin in the beginning of the Lemonade film! There's no stopping her.

On 5/1/2016 at 9:31 AM, Wooderson said:

Agreed mate. Least amount of interest (even negatively!) in the top of the bill on here since I've been reading the forum.

what are you on about?? haven't you seen the Muse thread on front now that's jumped from 3 to 4 pages over the weekend, since it's January opening?

or the Adele thread back on page.....?

Edited by tevaburger