Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally id love to see Faithless on the pyramid in the darkness with their light show as it was incredible however I can understand the point of view of them being a wasted sub if they have done it so recently. If they didn't clash with anyone major I'd quite like to see them again but having just seen them for the first time (been meaning to for 15 years!) I wouldn't mind it being someone else.

2 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

They didn't say that, did they?

I can't find anything now actually from IOW or Giddings saying that, but I seen something earlier about the letter F, then people were tweeting him guessing Florence and Foals which he denied, then Faithless get announced, so I definitely read something along them lines and was thinking Faithless.

How on earth can they justify Stereophonics headlining these days? They might have a number one album, but they've been subbing the major festivals for years now, and their output has been awful since around 99/00.

I went on the IOW Facebook page and judging by the comments, they're mostly buzzing or very pleased with it. Bloody hell, imagine that at Glastonbury or probably and other of the major festivals for that matter.

1 minute ago, Alan_C said:

I can't find anything now actually from IOW or Giddings saying that, but I seen something earlier about the letter F, then people were tweeting him guessing Florence and Foals which he denied, then Faithless get announced, so I definitely read something along them lines and was thinking Faithless.

How on earth can they justify Stereophonics headlining these days? They might have a number one album, but they've been subbing the major festivals for years now, and their output has been awful since around 99/00.

Yeah someone tweeted them something like "Can we have an F Friday? Florence and Foals?" Or something along those lines. It wasn't IOW who mentioned it.

9 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah, I know Stereophonics headlined IOW last time they played but they're definite subs these days and Faithless aren't really big enough for that sort of slot either.

I agree but just to note, I do struggle to see a different from the tour they are doing next month to a tour Foals are doing. You have an O2 Arena, Newcastle, BIC, Leeds, Manc Arena, LG, two nights Glasgow Hyro, I'll leave the Wales one's out. I agree it's a poor booking but if Reading drop that, when compared it isn't much different.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

I agree but just to note, I do struggle to see a different from the tour they are doing next month to a tour Foals are doing. You have an O2 Arena, Newcastle, BIC, Leeds, Manc Arena, LG, two nights Glasgow Hyro, I'll leave the Wales one's out. I agree it's a poor booking but if Reading drop that, when compared it isn't much different.

We get it - you don't like Foals

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

The difference is that Foals are a band on the way up, who will likely go onto bigger things

Stereophonics are very much a stale band on the way down 

They just happen to be crossing their trajectories in similiar size venues

Plus Foals fit the demographic of reading very well with many having grown up with them as a soundtrack to their youth

Edited by stocky3000

Make way for the big G then.

IOW usually are quite good competitors for Glastonbury in terms of headliners.

I know it's a Co headliner partnership and we probably have others to come but it's not exactly a cracking start to their announcement schedule.

Given how big, huge and current Adele and Coldplay are (excluding forums and mainly referring to Adele) given a solid third, one can't complain in terms of Glastonbury headliners. Despite the slight extremity of MOR

Edited by willutalk