Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Can't see the Libertines agreeing to co-headline when they're headline on their own everywhere else.

Well they had Biffy do it the other year who headline everywhere; I don't think it's a lower slot than a normal headliner tbh; they just have one night where they can have a dance act afterwards. 

No way will it be Foals, IOW never has any 'rising' headliners. I know they've headlined Latitude but still

Have a read of this interview http://noisey.vice.com/en_uk/blog/how-are-the-headline-acts-at-the-top-uk-festivals-booked

Do you genuinely think it still has that atmosphere? You booked Bon Jovi last year… Can you still afford to take risks with the line-up?

I think we take lots of risks. This year so far we’ve got Chloe Howl.

I’m not sure booking a major label breakthrough act is that much of a risk really. You’ve got Biffy Clyro headlining this year who did their first headline slot at Reading & Leeds last year. Would you have booked them if someone hadn’t road-tested them first?
No.

Do you not feel like you should take that responsibility too?
No.

It’s going to get to a pretty tragic point pretty soon if everyone thinks like that…
I won’t be alive then.

Edited by Chawk

4 hours ago, russycarps said:

And didnt eavis say 2 of the 3 have played before? this would fit with adele and coldplay, leaving fleetwood mac as the third who havent played before. Muse would make that statement false (though it wouldnt be the first time!)

has adele played before?

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah I thought this as well, I'd imagine most of his arena dates are near enough sold out now too. Still not convinced he's a headliner but I don't think it can be ruled out.

I'm not sure he'd get co-head if he's only subbing other places. I think him, Faitheless, Disclosure and Kenrick will make up the subs and one of the radio 1 headers.

Edited by thewayiam

8 minutes ago, Paul_w said:

has adele played before?

She has but nt headlined. I am led to believe the "2 returning" comment was saying 2 acts returning who have headlined before. Not 2 acts that have simply played the festival before. 

Ie. Visa vi. Aka. Its Muse and we are doomed.

Edited by T-Mouse

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

Not The[l] Foals but could still be Foals!

that was my immediate thought from his words too.

But I know from having been sat here for 15 years that promoters are stunningly dreadful in knowing the accurate names of the acts they book, so it might be nothing more than that. Or he might just be on a wind-up.

But this time I suspect that it isn't, and that right now they're either booked for ioW or he sees them as a possible option to book - tho he wouldn't necessarily know their contractual status with other fests which may rule them out for him.

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I thought that

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

that was my immediate thought from his words too.

But I know from having been sat here for 15 years that promoters are stunningly dreadful in knowing the accurate names of the acts they book, so it might be nothing more than that. Or he might just be on a wind-up.

But this time I suspect that it isn't, and that right now they're either booked for ioW or he sees them as a possible option to book - tho he wouldn't necessarily know their contractual status with other fests which may rule them out for him.

Oh I was actually just joking. Just assumed he doesn't properly know their name. Like when people call Editors 'The Editors' for example.

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I was talking about IOW with the 1st part and T with the 2nd beings as everything above every fest if being spoke about everywhere lol. And come on Will lol, it's quite clear it was T with the radio 1 mention in there.

I thought that but you said Noel will make up one of the subs/R1 headliners at T, when he headlined it last year?

Edited by Will-2609