Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Wasn't that Michael that said that though? Which would make that hard to believe. 

Emily said in the recent interviews that 2 of the 3 headliners were signed up, and 1 a verbal agreement, you'd have to think Coldplay were definitely signed up, it could then be Adele left to signed on the line, whilst she makes up her mind if she's willing to do it? 

That would mean if the other was FM they could easily have been booked some time ago

They just make the most sense to me just now given everything that's known 

personally I'd say that the 3rd headliner (Muse?) are the least likely of the three to be signed up, as the process to get them on board started much later than it did for the other 2.

22 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

personally I'd say that the 3rd headliner (Muse?) are the least likely of the three to be signed up, as the process to get them on board started much later than it did for the other 2.

Would you say just now you're more with Muse as the third headliner? I just can't get my head round Muse - Adele - Coldplah being the likely trio 

I'm interesting to see who IOW have co-headlining, could it be Foals? Would be a slightly more understated rise to headlining big festivals and still a step up from Bestival, wouldn't be shocked 

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Oh God please let Kendrick be booked! That would make almost any of the other shite across the weekend worth it. Did many BST acts play Glastonbury last year/in previous years?

A few. A lot of the ones on smaller stages did, from the two days I done the only bigger band that showed up were future islands. 

4 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Reckon it'll be Chase and Status and someone else for IOW. Maybe Libs if they're around in the Summer. Can't see being Disclosure, as I expect them to be at Glastonbury and R&L in big slots (Other headliner and main sub, respectively).

I did think Chase & Status but haven't heard much from them regarding next year. Guetta & Libs I'll go for.

Pharrell was probably the worst thing I've ever seen at five Glastonburys, and I don't even mind a few of his songs on record. "These girls are the baes, let them show you what they can do with their bodies" ... I really hope Emily was watching and thought fuck, we need to edit the contracts we have people sign. 

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Would you say just now you're more with Muse as the third headliner? I just can't get my head round Muse - Adele - Coldplah being the likely trio 

I've heard little about Muse, so can only guess.

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I'm interesting to see who IOW have co-headlining, could it be Foals? Would be a slightly more understated rise to headlining big festivals and still a step up from Bestival, wouldn't be shocked 

I doubt IoW will have Foals. They're likely to be a R/L exclusive.

Just now, dentalplan said:

I did think Chase & Status but haven't heard much from them regarding next year. Guetta & Libs I'll go for.

Ah, didn't think about Guetta. Was about to ask if he has new material but I doubt that even matters for him; he's always everywhere doing his shit. I thought C&S had an album coming out, but yeah haven't seen anything to suggest they'll be around doing shows.

Have a gut feeling the non-dance co-headliner will be someone disappointing for some reason. Something random like Paolo Nutini who no one expects to be a headliner. No idea why tbh.

But I'll go with C&S/ Libs as my prediction, anyway.