Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Woffy said:

It's nothing some emergency pilates and an adolescent rhyming couplet won't solve.

Every time I hear that line in Lost about there always being a bigger fish, I imagine Chris Martin laying down his lyric writing pen in amazement at his own poetic prowess and letting out a Keanu in Bill & Ted style 'woah...'

3 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

Every time I hear that line in Lost about there always being a bigger fish, I imagine Chris Martin laying down his lyric writing pen in amazement at his own poetic prowess and letting out a Keanu in Bill & Ted style 'woah...'

Probably the last decent verse from Jay is on that

I'm going to rant now.

A lot of time dedicated to Coldplay here, rightly so as it appears they will be headlining. At this stage thought I can't see me spending a lot of time at the Pyramid this year which is a shame as it is the iconic place to be. At least one headliner should be seen each year.

However with Muse, Adele and Coldplay seemingly being the acts to fulfil these slots I'm left with a disappointed taste in my mouth.

Muse = An overblown rock opera which has got way out of hand. They used to be good don't get me wrong but I'm tired of the worble.

Adele = Teary Saturday night in/out. Great songs, great albums but on such a big stage she'll be lost and that voice won't carry. Not enough stage presence and it'll be more disappointing than good.

Coldplay = God what do you say to this? Agree with everything said about Parachutes and Rush of Blood to the Head but after that? New song is utter rubbish and it doesn't matter what people say they're just not very good.

It's a laddy thing to say but I had my hopes on Stone Roses. Biffy would have been interesting as would have Foals been. I'm sure there'll be much better and more interesting bands on the other stages which is just as well as I sense (no matter what the haters say) that most people are a little deflated at the idea of this being the three big headliners for what in part has been a magical 5 or so years with experiment (Jay-Z, Kanye, Metallica etc) and big acts (Stones, U2 (even thought they weren't great).

I have everything crossed these rumours are just that and there'll be something better.

2 hours ago, ben2782 said:

I'm going to rant now.

A lot of time dedicated to Coldplay here, rightly so as it appears they will be headlining. At this stage thought I can't see me spending a lot of time at the Pyramid this year which is a shame as it is the iconic place to be. At least one headliner should be seen each year.

However with Muse, Adele and Coldplay seemingly being the acts to fulfil these slots I'm left with a disappointed taste in my mouth.

Muse = An overblown rock opera which has got way out of hand. They used to be good don't get me wrong but I'm tired of the worble.

Adele = Teary Saturday night in/out. Great songs, great albums but on such a big stage she'll be lost and that voice won't carry. Not enough stage presence and it'll be more disappointing than good.

Coldplay = God what do you say to this? Agree with everything said about Parachutes and Rush of Blood to the Head but after that? New song is utter rubbish and it doesn't matter what people say they're just not very good.

It's a laddy thing to say but I had my hopes on Stone Roses. Biffy would have been interesting as would have Foals been. I'm sure there'll be much better and more interesting bands on the other stages which is just as well as I sense (no matter what the haters say) that most people are a little deflated at the idea of this being the three big headliners for what in part has been a magical 5 or so years with experiment (Jay-Z, Kanye, Metallica etc) and big acts (Stones, U2 (even thought they weren't great).

I have everything crossed these rumours are just that and there'll be something better.

The only hope we have is that it's not muse. Coldplay and Adele are happening. We must accept the bitter disappointment and move on.

These 3 headliners will appeal to the people who 'do glasto' just once to tick it off their bucket list. And it's these people the organisers seem to want to cater to

Depressing times

figures coming out today that Adele's '25' has sold 3.38 million albums in week one in the US, and just in that first week it's easily become biggest selling album of the year, passing something called '1989' (not sure whose that is, but I'm guessing it's a Van Halen album??? where they've done what Adele has obviously copied and just added 4 years to one of their previous album titles)

this line pretty much sums up a lot of the most popular artists these days.... in a NY Times article a few days ago on Adele...

“There are people out there for whom this may be the only record they’ve bought in five years,” said David Bakula, a senior analyst at Nielsen. “The last one may have been ‘21,’ and now they’re coming back in force.”

3 hours ago, ben2782 said:

I'm going to rant now.

I like this guy.