Headliners 2016

thewayiam

47 minutes ago, Redwinevino said:

That's Adele, Muse, Coldplay nailed on then, a utter disaster for anyone who needs resale tickets

Will it make the resale that bad?

Adele and Coldplay will broadly share the same audience and they'll be selling hundreds of thousands of tickets between them to their own shows. There'll be plenty of opportunity to see them both without looking at Glasto.

I would speculate that it's more likely to make next October's sale more difficult.

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Jonny Hobbs said:

Interesting - i had no idea they still had that level of appeal.

Whats the specific info indicating its them, rather than say Foo Fighters?

Neil and a user on here have both been told the trio they want/have got is Muse, Adele and Coldplay, and Neil seems to think Muse were drafted in for Foos when they decided not to tour.

15 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Not completely but it's heading in that direction. She's gonna be doing loads of separate arena shows, though she's clearly the biggest artist in the world right now and could have done a bunch of stadiums easily, which suggests that the 80k crowds might still spook her but 20k people in an arena ain't as bad. So there's still an argument for it but it's nowhere near as strong as if she was doing no big shows. Also it's not exactly proven that she can pull it off yet, as nerves could still overcome her at one of these gigs - though I hope they don't.

I sort of agree but as others have mentioned, her music suits arena's better and it's not the time of year for stadium tours. I know Adele is a slightly different case but how many acts jump from playing academy/apollo sized venues to stadiums without playing arena's in between?

17 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I sort of agree but as others have mentioned, her music suits arena's better and it's not the time of year for stadium tours. I know Adele is a slightly different case but how many acts jump from playing academy/apollo sized venues to stadiums without playing arena's in between?

How did my music tastes get so out of balance?

Adele suits arena's..... really?

I always had her down as being an act that Brian Potter and Den Perry would fight over, no bigger than that. Clearly I'm alone in thinking 'pub singer' every time I hear her?

3 minutes ago, not worthy said:

I always had her down as being an act that Brian Potter and Den Perry would fight over, no bigger than that. Clearly I'm alone in thinking 'pub singer' every time I hear her?

She's got a fantastically powerful voice. It's not really music I'm into but it's easy to see the appeal.

Thought I do kinda want her to do a song called Coming in Your Ears now...

37 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

nah, there's not many stadiums you can play during March/April as football is usually on. although she could play Wembley and other massive outdoor venues. March/April weather isn't great for that though.

an arena tour then stadiums later would be my guess. dunno when she'll fit in the US dates, maybe all throughout the Autumn, then off to Australia for Winter 2016 (which will be lovely and warm there, so massive outdoor shows).

I was meaning that she would've been able to play stadiums in summer instead of arenas in March. The style of music thing is a good point but I am sure acts of her type have played to massive football stadiums before.

I was just playing devil's avocado anyway, I think she'll headline and that.

14 minutes ago, not worthy said:

Send the buggers back!

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

She needs to sell her tickets first. Not that there'll be any issues there.

Potential record breaker for ticket sales?

Depends on the servers. It could be a record for server threshold though, and what more could you want from a headliner? :')

Edited by dentalplan

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

She needs to sell her tickets first. Not that there'll be any issues there.

Potential record breaker for ticket sales?

That's what I mean, maybe its a sweeping statement but from what people are saying on this thread if people would like to see her they will go to her tours, rather than trying to get a ticket in the resale just for Adele. I don't think she is in any danger of not selling out.

12 minutes ago, not worthy said:

Last album sold 30 million. Let's say half of them wouldn't go to a concert, you still have 15 million people worldwide diggin' it for tickets. 

12 minutes ago, not worthy said:

but she sounds like someone trod on her!

I am so alone

you're not alone. 

She's shite but the general public lap up shite so the fact a shite act is the most popular act in the world is perfectly logical.

I dont blame the festival for wanted to get the most hyped act around as a headliner. I do blame them for giving the other two slots to bands who have headlined multiple times in the past and who are putting out the worst music of their careers.

It's a crime if muse and coldplay get given the gigs. A dull, boring motoring offence of a crime. Not a glamorous armed robbery type affair.

I think some people think that organisers can just pluck anyone out of the air...

Considering the limited number of acts who havn't headlined yet, I think the trio of Adele, Coldplay and Muse is pretty huge, especially when comparing last year's bill. Adele is literally the biggest thing on the planet right now, and Coldplay is the biggest British band around. Yes, Muse might be a bit uninspired but they are such a live favourite that they are sure to go down amazingly.

If organisers had gone down some inspired route and gone for, let's say, Queen, there would've been much to be said about that too. 

Either way, if it is indeed those three, objectively speaking, it's all in all a strong trio.

Edited by nban2010

OK muse new album not great but has some classics to add to their live set, dead inside and mercy on the pyramid will be great mixed in with their older stuff.

overall would love to see Muse play pyramid then something like Earth Wind and Fire on west holts and Weezer headline other/JP tent - that's three days of headliners potentially, but if they all clash on the same night i will be very sad!

Sure lots of people will enjoy Coldplay and Adele too, won't be there myself though..

I can 100% understand Glastonbury wanting Adele (actually quite like her myself), however is it someone I want to see at 11pm completely hammered?! Probably not!

Will all depend who is on against her I suppose! 

That said, fantastic booking for the festival if they have her.

Just now, nban2010 said:

I think some people think that organisers can just pluck anyone out of the air...

Considering the limited number of acts who havn't headlined yet, I think the trio of Adele, Coldplay and Muse is pretty huge, especially when comparing last year's bill. Adele is literally the biggest thing on the planet right now, and Coldplay is the biggest British band around. Yes, Muse might be a bit uninspired but they are such a live favourite that they are sure to go down amazingly.

If organisers had gone down some inspired route and gone for Queen, there would've been much to be said about that too. 

Either way, if it is indeed those three, objectively speaking, it's all in all a strong trio.

To be fair I don't think many people would disagree that it's a strong trio, clearly all three are huge acts, it's just that they're not exactly inspired or exciting bookings.