thewayiam

Headliners 2016

Serious guess

I would be surprised if at least one of Coldplay, Muse or Radiohead aren't there with them all having new material due before then.

• Upvote 1

Muse

Fleetwood Mac

Ed Sheeran

I doubt it'll be Muse dude, they have their album out and Glasto get acts at the start of their touring if they are going to. I should in fact have put them in my reply to floor filler along with Blur and Noel to rule out.

Why start this thread before we have even had 2015's festival? Ridiculous.

why change a winning formula? obvious.

Good God, this is early!

IT SHOULD BE "2016 HEADLINERS" YOU FUCK.

:lol:

Anyway I'll go with

Biffy Clyro/Foals (One or the other)

Katy Perry

AC/DC

Edited by LondonTom

Biffy Clyro

Coldplay

Radiohead/Fleetwood Mac/Rihanna

Won't be Muse on their second Summer touring Drones. Was gonna say AC/DC as well but it'd be the second Summer for them touring Rock or Bust, although as a heritage act maybe this is less likely to rule them out.

Coldplay are probably the one I can be most confident about, they've got a new album coming out eventually and supposedly it'll be their last so they'll want to be back. It's just whether the timeline of it makes it better for them to do it in 2016 or 2017

I don't think the thing about it being their last album is true but I still reckon they'll play. I'd be surprised if it's not out by next summer so they seem a good fit.

wish people would stop saying Ed Sheeran. i don't reckon he'll have a new album out in time - 3 year gap between his last two albums, and considering he's still touring x it looks promising to be a similar gap between these albums, so won't be ready until 2017, the fallow year. then he'll tour that for three years so can possibly headline in 2020, but hopefully not (all assuming Glastonbury stick with booking acts in the first summer they tour)

Green Day

Oasis

Adele

I don't think the thing about it being their last album is true but I still reckon they'll play. I'd be surprised if it's not out by next summer so they seem a good fit.

Just to add in, if FM don't tour at all next year and therefore aren't there, Coldplay would be my next choice I reckon.

Fri - Biffy

Sat - Oasis (Can't believe it's not TBC yet!)

Sun - Coldplay

These headliner threads have got me right back into Glasto. I might try for my first one since 2010 even though I'm far too old and fat for it.

Way, way too early to predict. All dependent on who has new stuff out.

or who's got a gig in paris over glasto weekend

Atfer bands being exclusives and booked in France, the next rules of logic to be broken will be that of Glasto not getting bands on their second summers and Glasto not repeating headliners within five years..

Mumford and Sons.

On a serious note.. Biffy on Friday, FM on Saturday; and whichever of Paolo Nutini/Ellie Goulding/Ed Sheeran has the most ridiculously big album out by then on Sunday.

Edited by Zac Quinn
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2