Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, T-Mouse said:

The timing of those shows and the timing of the ticket release makes Glasto more likely in my opinion. Theyll all sell out giving them the OK to sign on the dotted line for Glasto.

It's also a substantially less extensive tour than last time if that's all of it. Last time they did 3x London stadium shows (albeit at the Emirates) and 2x Manchester Etihad. They also did a date in Coventry and a date in Sunderland.

If this is all of the dates, then it only strengthens the Glasto rumours, I would say.

18 minutes ago, T-Mouse said:

The timing of those shows and the timing of the ticket release makes Glasto more likely in my opinion. Theyll all sell out giving them the OK to sign on the dotted line for Glasto.

But this is something that happened on their first stadium tour; a Glastonbury appearance conditional on all the stadium shows selling well, which they didn't know if it would happen or not. I don't think you can assume it will be the same ten years later when they're one of the biggest bands in the world with a number of sold out stadium tours under their belt.

54 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Playing Wembley has nowt to do with whether an act will or won't play G.

Yeah, it does.

Any promoter won't be keen for there to be competing shows by the same band which might draw punters away from the shows he's promoting.

It's for exactly those reasons that Reading/Leeds likes its headliners to be exclusive, to ensure people have to buy tickets to R/L if they want to see that particular band that summer.

A few years back now, I happened to be stood chatting to Emily Eavis when she took a call from one of Jay-Z's people, asking if Jay-Z was allowed to book in other shows for when he was in the UK for Glastonbury, and Emily told them yes. She then told me what the call had been about, and that Glastonbury wasn't bothered about what other shows an act might do - but she also mentioned that some other festivals are.

8 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

Surprised at only 2 dates for Coldplay 

Two dates at Etihad and Wembley? 

Then a Glasto headline slot which Chris will put everything into will more than make up in sales long term for not doing Coventry or Sunderland for eg, which are smaller anyway. They were amazing at the Ricoh in 2012.

5 hours ago, T-Mouse said:

what is wrong with you

ab > ( ) > takk > valtari = kveikur > von > end-a-last

although actually i already want to swap ab and ( ) reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

i would also put hvarf/heim = valtari and kveikur if that counts

Edited by Tuna

4 hours ago, TomViolence said:

1) Merriweather Post Pavilion
2) Sung Tongs
3) Feels
4) Strawberry Jam
5) Spirit They're Gone Spirit They've Vanished
6) Here Comes The Indian
7) Centipede HZ
8) Campfire Songs
9) Danse Manatee

feels > mpp > strawberry jam > sung tongs > hcti >>> c-hz for me, not familiar enough with the rest