MIU

L.A. (Light Album)

5 minutes ago, silkworm said:

No no no no

John

GEORGE 

Paul

Ringo

And I was determined not to get involved in this listing malarkey..

I'd like to think that, but Penny Lane, Abbey Rd side 2, Hello Goodbye, Got To Get You Into My Life, Get Back etc.. vs Something, While My Guitar Gently Weeps+ Taxman?

Hardest to place, I agree but go with your head, not your heart.  Paul has written too many great songs.

http://www.myrsten.nu/worldnet/beatlesongs.htm

Edited by stuartbert two hats
Giving George more credit :)

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'd like to think that, but Penny Lane, Abbey Rd side 2, Hello Goodbye, Got To Get You Into My Life, Get Back etc.. vs Something, While My Guitar Gently Weeps+ Taxman?

Hardest to place, I agree but go with your head, not your heart.  Paul has written too many great songs.

http://www.myrsten.nu/worldnet/beatlesongs.htm

Ah you've got me on Abbey Road side 2...For No One has a special place in my heart as well. But Something, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Here Comes the Sun, Blue Jay Way...no contest for me

Paul is definitely the most talented/gifted whatever of the Beatles. LIke stunningly so. His stock is at a low at the moment, and he's a become a bit of a figure of fun, but nobody can write a tune like him. I find it really curious that he's ridiculed so much at the moment. When he dies and his work is reassessed, man people will realise how wrong they were. He's due a major critical re-evaluation.

I mean, personally, I think he should have knocked it on the head 5-10 years ago, but still fucking hell. Paul McCartney (or however you spell it)

1 minute ago, Mardy said:

I mean, personally, I think he should have knocked it on the head 5-10 years ago, but still fucking hell. Paul McCartney (or however you spell it)

This is surely why he's ridiculed, because he clearly should have given it up a while back? No questioning his talent, but now he just rocks around a stage tripping over the lyrics to Hey Jude..

5 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Paul is definitely the most talented/gifted whatever of the Beatles. LIke stunningly so. His stock is at a low at the moment, and he's a become a bit of a figure of fun, but nobody can write a tune like him. I find it really curious that he's ridiculed so much at the moment. When he dies and his work is reassessed, man people will realise how wrong they were. He's due a major critical re-evaluation.

It's the post-Beatles work that does it for me.  Seriously, I can think about three solo songs I like.  Maybe I'm Amazed, Live and Let and Die, Coming Up.  That's it and I don't really rate them all that much.  Compared to the Lennon stuff which is mainly sublime to my ears.

Have I really missed anything significant?  Say "Jet" motherrfucker, I dare you.

33 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Sunflower

yes! thought I was the only person on the planet who thought that was their best album. Forever = best beach boys song 

10 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's the post-Beatles work that does it for me.  Seriously, I can think about three solo songs I like.  Maybe I'm Amazed, Live and Let and Die, Coming Up.  That's it and I don't really rate them all that much.  Compared to the Lennon stuff which is mainly sublime to my ears.

Have I really missed anything significant?  Say "Jet" motherrfucker, I dare you.

it's a great pop song come on!

21 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Have you listened to Ram?

fantastic album. I think it probably compares to Plastic Ono Band and Imagine. Id give it a listen if you haven't already :) 

25 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's exactly this. I love Maybe I'm Amazed, Live & Let Die and Band on the Run (you missed that one Man of Many Hats) but generally his solo stuff is pants - melodic pants maybe, but pants nonetheless.

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Haven't listened in years but it is. May rectify that this aft. Lennon's albums after the two mentioned are very hit and miss. 

Yeah i'd agree. Plastic Ono and Imagine are incredible though but after that it just gets a bit boring. Ram is a lovely album to listen to at night i find, Ram On is a lovely little song