Headliners 2016

thewayiam

17 minutes ago, Primalcrux said:

Tbh I didnt like Arcade Fire at all :p, not my thing

Youre right tho that most of the crowd seemed to be having a great time!

That was kind of my point. There are quite a lot of people who don't like the band at all, but those who do like them, like them a lot!

Edited by stuartbert two hats

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Though I'm really talking about pre-event expectations based on the context of the performance, having been at the gig in question I found it uneven.

I'm a huge AF fan but I have to admit to being a little let down by their performance. I mean, it was alright, but I was expecting something spectacular. 

Their Leeds headline show was better IMO.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'm a huge AF fan but I have to admit to being a little let down by their performance. I mean, it was alright, but I was expecting something spectacular. 

Their Leeds headline show was better IMO.

Really enjoyed that Leeds set but since then I've they have not been the same for me as find them too shouty (we went to see metronomy in 2014 best decision ever :))

surprised by all of this - Arcade Fire was one of my favourite ever sets at Glastonbury. granted i was right down front and absolutely off my nut so that may have had a huge part in it, but i left with a ginormous smile on my face. a shame that they headlined off the back of Reflektor which has been my least favourite of their albums thus far, but the carnival feel of the show was awesome on the Pyramid. here's hoping they're invited back somewhere down the line (although i'm sure it won't be for a long while)

I'm very much with FloorFiller, I was right at the front and having a very drunken party with a number of my mates so I'm not sure if I would have felt differently if I was sober and on my on, but I thought Arcade Fire were absolutely amazing, the carnival style was awesome. I don't really know much about them but it was a proper highlight for me.

thought Arcade Fire were brilliant from where I was at towards the back of the pit area...and it was telling that one of them said to us as they left "in a career of many highlights, this was probably THE highlight" (wasn't sure if it was Win who said that so didn't want to directly claim it was him, lest i be corrected) as it seemed like they were trying to play down the significance of a Glastonbury headline set prior to gig

4/4 for me on the Pyramid sets i caught that day, all great, War on Drugs, Rods y Gabs, Elbow and then AF. a great Friday overall w/ Courtney Barnett at the Park playing what seems to have been the best of the sets vs. the other 3 she's played since that one, based on the feedback i've read on here.

4 minutes ago, snorton82 said:

Arcade Fire we awesome, we were quite a way back and loved every minute of it, but I'm a fan so....

Nothing will top Arctic Monkeys headline set in 2013 though, nothing....although i was in a slightly altered state

most on here will assure you that AM set could only at best, be 3rd best thing that was going on at that immediate time on the farm.

44 minutes ago, tevaburger said:

most on here will assure you that AM set could only at best, be 3rd best thing that was going on at that immediate time on the farm.

haha I'm not having that, it was an epic set! That was the best year for me, easily....obviously the Stones played a big part in that

1 hour ago, snorton82 said:

Arcade Fire we awesome, we were quite a way back and loved every minute of it, but I'm a fan so....

Nothing will top Arctic Monkeys headline set in 2013 though, nothing....although i was in a slightly altered state

That Arctics set was dull, i'm not sure how but everyone around me seemed a little bored by halfway through. It wasn't as bad as their Reading 2009 show, but it definitely feel short of when I saw them tour suck it and see and humbug. Perhaps festivals aren't the right audience for them. 

2 hours ago, reflekting said:

That Arctics set was dull, i'm not sure how but everyone around me seemed a little bored by halfway through. It wasn't as bad as their Reading 2009 show, but it definitely feel short of when I saw them tour suck it and see and humbug. Perhaps festivals aren't the right audience for them. 

They should be the right audience for them. They're one of the only acts I can think of who could play R&L and have 90% of the crowd know every word. But they just seem to suck live now. They were naff when I caught them on the arena tour in 2013, although really good at Don Valley Bowl in 2011.

Arctic Monkeys were brilliant in 2013. Great setlist and great performance. I've watched it back a lot of times and it comes across just as good on TV as well, the crowd are very loud as well. I don't understand the negativity I have seen on here for that set from a few people. I have seen them 3 times, and that was the best. Seen them on the Humbug tour in Newcastle the first time and it was terrible, so bad that I said I would never bother seeing them again. I only seen them at TITP 2011 because they were the most appealing thing that night so I gave them another chance, and they were great then. 

Edited by Alan_C