Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I remember Neil mentioning previously that it's easier to get US acts in under the radar because they're less likely to pop up in the rumour mill.

Hoping for an unexpected Sufjan on the poster.

Read this and thought I'd put on a bit of a Sufjan playlist. Would be an unreal addition. I think I'd lose my mind during 'Chicago', if he played it.

I'm convinced that Matt Everitt just hurriedly said, "and Glastonbury" at the end of his summing up of the music news at 7:45am.  They announced it on that bulletin at the same time as the poster release last year.

Or I might be imagining it as I called it on NFRNFC yesterday;)

Interesting comment from EE about the headliners not planning to have guests: She said: “I’ve not heard anything about that, so i’m not sure if it is just hot air, and a tabloid rumour, or if it’s going to be real. I don’t think any of the headliners are bringing guests, so I’m not sure about that one to be honest.” from http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/glastonbury-2016-david-bowie-tribute-emily-eavis_uk_56fb9d36e4b0884065f00600

Not sure if they would have all of these sorts of things planned this far in advance though? And would the Eavii need to be made aware of guests? 

There's also a bit of further non-info about the 'Several Bowie tributes' but I think that's being discussed elsewhere.

I agree but saw some headliner info so thought I'd throw it in the mix anyway.

In other news I saw Muse at the o2 last night and the production was incredible but I think the vast majority of it wouldn't work outside. I'm glad I got to see them at their own show this year so I can watch LCD on the Friday night without worrying about the clash.