Headliners 2016

thewayiam

49 minutes ago, HoTWire said:

Saw Emily Eavis yesterday in my village... I was going to yell Slayeeeeer! at her and see if she reacted... but I didn't, and now I have regrets.

Whether they're playing or not, a stranger yelling Slayeeerrrrr!!! at you in the street will always elicit some sort of reaction.

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN
Me fail English? That's unpossible!

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

In 2013 i remember it was 9am, then 2014 was 8am and 2015 it was 7pm. I'm guessing 9am this year.

Fairly certain 2013 was in the evening, wasn't it?

Any chance we'll get the big thing this time like we did around now in 2013? They aren't waiting on headliners this year which have the potential to shuffle the lineup around so it'd be nice.

9 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Fairly certain 2013 was in the evening, wasn't it?

Any chance we'll get the big thing this time like we did around now in 2013? They aren't waiting on headliners this year which have the potential to shuffle the lineup around so it'd be nice.

you might be right, I'm not 100% on it. And yeah it would be nice if we got it with stages and stuff

1 minute ago, rubenz said:

Just to update on my previous post, if I were looking to position myself adjacent to a piece of nocturnal furniture on Tuesday morning I'd make sure I did so between the hours of 8am-9am if you catch my drift..

<3

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

10 minutes ago, rubenz said:

Just to update on my previous post, if I were looking to position myself adjacent to a piece of nocturnal furniture on Tuesday morning I'd make sure I did so between the hours of 8am-9am if you catch my drift..

You're a beautiful bear.

13 minutes ago, BlackHole2006 said:

I definitely remember The Stones being announced along with a few other names on Zane Lowe's show which was on at around 7PM.

100% certain it was PM. I didnt go that year, but I remember always wanting to go and I was sitting in a restaurant having dinner pretty wowed by that line up. 

Hopefully have the same reaction on Tuesday

As we obviously have a good idea of how the top of the lineup is going to shape up, this is my final wish for how it turns out. Mostly realistic acts but not how I'm expecting them all to be placed.

Muse / Foals / Beck / Iggy Pop / Run The Jewels
Disclosure / Bastille / The 1975

Adele / Kendrick Lamar / The Last Shadow Puppets 
Radiohead / New Order / CHVRCHES

Coldplay / Ellie Goulding / Tame Impala / Jeff Lynne's ELO
LCD Soundsystem / Bring Me The Horizon / PJ Harvey

RTJ > Iggy > Beck > Foals > Muse

TLSP > Kendrick > Radiohead 

ELO > PJ Harvey > Savages on Park > LCD Soundsystem 

Swap Radiohead and Kendrick maybe if that ties in better with the info we have.

Unfortunately, I don't expect Beck, Iggy, RTJ, Kendrick or Radiohead to be there (Beck and Radiohead most likely of the lot), and I expect LCD Friday with Disclosure also not being there.

Would expect/prefer RTJ subbing JP if they did turn up but that doesn't work for me being able to see them so Pyramid it is :P

13 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

Just found out Chris Martin's great great Grandfather is the dude who introduced Daylight Savings Time. 

Family of dicks, then. 

Yeah those lovely sunny evening during the summer are awful, bastard!

14 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

As we obviously have a good idea of how the top of the lineup is going to shape up, this is my final wish for how it turns out. Mostly realistic acts but not how I'm expecting them all to be placed.

Unfortunately, I don't expect Beck, Iggy, RTJ, Kendrick or Radiohead to be there (Beck and Radiohead most likely of the lot), and I expect LCD Friday with Disclosure also not being there.

Would expect/prefer RTJ subbing JP if they did turn up but that doesn't work for me being able to see them so Pyramid it is :P

The clash of New Order and Kendrick is horrible

17 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Surely The 1975 would be higher up than Bastille, unless I'm misjudging things.

11 minutes ago, DefLeppard said:

i think that's based on Neil hinting that one of Reading/Leeds' NME headliners would be playing third down on Other this year, and saying that he believed The 1975 would be headlining the NME so putting 2 and 2 together. i personally cant see them playing third down though - subbing seems far more likely

22 hours ago, rubenz said:

Beautiful!! My morning meetings for this coming Tuesday have been cancelled, it's like it's meant to be!

1 hour ago, DefLeppard said:

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

i think that's based on Neil hinting that one of Reading/Leeds' NME headliners would be playing third down on Other this year, and saying that he believed The 1975 would be headlining the NME so putting 2 and 2 together. i personally cant see them playing third down though - subbing seems far more likely

I agree that The 1975 subbing would make more sense than third down, but I'm not sure about them being higher up than Bastille. They're billed below them at T.