Headliners 2016

thewayiam

3 minutes ago, Wow-wys-buzzing said:

Having spent a good week last week listening to Coldplay and looking their 2011 performance, I am actually very excited. Never seen them before and often wanted to. I know people say they boring, but are they?? 

I think they're good live tbf, I just don't care for their last few albums. And they never stay away long enough!!

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Wow-wys-buzzing said:

Having spent a good week last week listening to Coldplay and looking their 2011 performance, I am actually very excited. Never seen them before and often wanted to. I know people say they boring, but are they?? 

if you like them - not boring

if you don't like them - boring

4 minutes ago, Wow-wys-buzzing said:

They put on a good show back in 2011, so if you like their music they're worth seeing. Having seen them that year, though, and having been unimpressed by the music they've released since, I can't see any reason to watch them again personally. Hope you enjoy them, though! :) 

32 minutes ago, Wow-wys-buzzing said:

I saw them on their stadium tour a few years ago and thought they were great live. I may/may not end up seeing them at the fest, depends who else is on. But I'm sure they'll do a terrific job for those who want to see them :)

8 hours ago, Wow-wys-buzzing said:

Guess if you're a regular it's a bit repetitive. But like you I've never seen them so can't wait!

37 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Just out of interest, has the festival always held back on announcing the line up? For those veterans, was it the same back in the pre-2000 years?

it was around 2000-ish (perhaps a little earlier) that they stopped announcing the line-up long in advance. There was at least one year where one headline band (Steteophonics) wasn't known for certain until arriving on site.

They actually announce them sooner now than they did back then.

Listening to the James announcement as read out on Five Live they said that James had told them about Glastonbury in an interview recorded yesterday but not due for transmission until next week. Perhaps they thought it was fine to mention it as the full line up would be announced by the time it aired but then Five Live took that snippet and ran with it yesterday?

Just a thought.

2016 line-up page is now showing on the website:

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/

Given that they've bothered to create that graphic does that make it less likely that there'll be a poster this week? Surely they wouldn't go to the effort of making that only to change it a couple of days later. I know it's not a big piece of work, but still...

15 minutes ago, wozwebs said:

Listening to the James announcement as read out on Five Live they said that James had told them about Glastonbury in an interview recorded yesterday but not due for transmission until next week. Perhaps they thought it was fine to mention it as the full line up would be announced by the time it aired but then Five Live took that snippet and ran with it yesterday?

Just a thought.

This is a train of thought I can jump on board with.

Think you're right squire, does sound like that.

5 minutes ago, sophlamb said:

2016 line-up page is now showing on the website:

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/

Given that they've bothered to create that graphic does that make it less likely that there'll be a poster this week? Surely they wouldn't go to the effort of making that only to change it a couple of days later. I know it's not a big piece of work, but still...

Yeah, given the graphic looks like it was knocked together in 5 minutes I wouldn't read too much into it. 

10 hours ago, Wow-wys-buzzing said:

The 2011 gig at Glasto was superb.  Full of energy, audience participation, and lots of talking to the crowd...... and I very much doubt that many in the audience that night walked away from the Pyramid field thinking 'that was boring'.

It's obviously all about opinions, but mine is that Coldplay will end the festival on a high on the Sunday night and put in a far from boring performance for those that go to watch.  My wife and I will be there.

Have a good Glasto 2016 all - whoever you go see!

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Are the initial poster drops usually in the morning? I might be wrong but I'm sure I remember coming out of the tube to them waiting for me on my way to work.

If there's one thing the organisers are consistent on, it's their inconsistency! Last year it was in the evening for sure.

22 minutes ago, festiking said:

The 2011 gig at Glasto was superb.  Full of energy, audience participation, and lots of talking to the crowd...... and I very much doubt that many in the audience that night walked away from the Pyramid field thinking 'that was boring'.

It's obviously all about opinions, but mine is that Coldplay will end the festival on a high on the Sunday night and put in a far from boring performance for those that go to watch.  My wife and I will be there.

Have a good Glasto 2016 all - whoever you go see!

Interesting that there is such a lack of a Coldplay thread, yet Joe Public will lap them up, and they will probably get the largest of all the headliner crowds. 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

If they were planning to release anything, especially this morning, I think what's happening in Belgium might scupper it.

I doubt that would affect anything. People are continuing to die in Syria every single day (the world is fucked), so there's never an "appropriate" time to release anything as trivial as a festival lineup. 

That being said, I don't think we'll get anything 'til next month anyway.