Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

So today we've learned that some couples are happy to do different things, and some couples like to spend their time at the festival together, and it's all okay!

Exactly, each to their own and whether that be singly, in pairs, threesomes or whatever it is all fine just as long as they are happy, decent and honest.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

That was precisely what you said. And at no point have I said I'm making any sort of sacrifice.

Not entirely sure what qualifies you to pass judgement on how people enjoy their festival.

Just re-read what I said and I did not say what you imply at all.

As long as you enjoy the festival and go to see Adele fully intending to enjoy her set I'm not passing judgement at all.  But don't make out like some big sacrifice or compromise is needed in this situation.  It's not.

Interesting that the demasculining comment from a woman has caused you more offence than the blatantly misogynist comment from a man (even though both were intended in jest).

Edited by ICGenie

48 minutes ago, ICGenie said:

As long as you enjoy the festival and go to see Adele fully intending to enjoy her set I'm not passing judgement at all.  But don't make out like some big sacrifice or compromise is needed in this situation.  It's not.

Interesting that the demasculining comment from a woman has caused you more offence than the blatantly misogynist comment from a man (even though both were intended in jest).

I'm sorry, is this amateur psychology hour?

55 minutes ago, ICGenie said:

I'm also not sure why you needed to play the sex card here either. I assume it's to make me out to be some sort of misogynist, but it doesn't seem necessary.

42 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'm also not sure why you needed to play the sex card here either. I assume it's to make me out to be some sort of misogynist, but it doesn't seem necessary.

Not at all - you're doing a nice line in accusing me of saying things I haven't though.

Just thought it was interesting you were more offended by someone telling you to get a bit more backbone than someone telling you to replace your wife.  I'm sure you can do the analysis yourself.

5 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

@eFestivals have Glastonbury given an official press release of Adele's announcment? I'm sure Stan James won't pay out on bets until then, but I've no way of finding that out 

It is on the main GF web site and was also tweeted by them and put on their FB page - so pretty official I would say.

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/adele-to-headline-saturday-night-at-glastonbury-2016/

Edited by A Guy Called Matt

7 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I love my "wife" too but she sees me nearly every day and am sure is happy for me to fuck off if she wants to watch some crap like Dolly miming. (Any excuse to get some time away from me). 

(each to their own mate and as long as you're happy I ain't judging - I wouldn't want to spend it all apart from her, but I wouldn't watch 2 hours of Adele for anyone :lol:). 

Hang on a minute... I said "some" compromise, and I never said that would include Adele! ;)

The Adele announcement was one of the most casual announcements ever made, considering its for one of the biggest/if not the biggest artist in the world.

I love Glastonbury for that, compare it to reading and they built up and went on about Foals/Disclosure announcement seemingly for weeks :rolleyes:

This years headliners thread was pretty anticlimactic for the casual reader. Comparing it to last year the headliners this year were nailed on early & all round quite uninspiring. We've had no broken legs or bands already booked to play elsewhere turning out top of the bill. Just the general acceptance that its Muse Adele & Coldplay, closely followed by fairly low key announcements to confirm it

its as if maybe the fake poster kind of pissed on their firework a bit this year. Nothing to announce we didn't already know 

i hope we get full line up with some strong under cards, and pretty soon, at least to keep the newbies I'm taking interested, who are struggling to get excited so far 

8 hours ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

This years headliners thread was pretty anticlimactic for the casual reader. Comparing it to last year the headliners this year were nailed on early & all round quite uninspiring. We've had no broken legs or bands already booked to play elsewhere turning out top of the bill. Just the general acceptance that its Muse Adele & Coldplay, closely followed by fairly low key announcements to confirm it

its as if maybe the fake poster kind of pissed on their firework a bit this year. Nothing to announce we didn't already know 

i hope we get full line up with some strong under cards, and pretty soon, at least to keep the newbies I'm taking interested, who are struggling to get excited so far 

I agree. The headliner thread was definitely not what it used to be...

18 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I agree. The headliner thread was definitely not what it used to be...

I preferred it when the headliner thread had better posters. Now it's just the same old 'house posters' posting. They should give some up and coming posters a chance rather than this year's bland uninspired selection.

9 hours ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

Snap. Mine actually discussed selling their tickets the other day. My protests that you can genuinely have an amazing time at Glastonbury without seeing any music has fallen on deaf ears (I guess understandably so if they've never been).

I can honestly say I've never seen a bad undercard at Glastonbury, though. There is always a few acts per day that interest me, at least.

14 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Man I'd love Iggy/Homme to be playing.

Is that album good? Heard nothing but mediocre reviews of it. Worth getting?

Ah, ignore this, just seen you and scruffs discussing it on the vinyl thread. 

Edited by Mardy